Fundraising Internship with Harvard-based Non-profit (fully remote)
Position: Fundraising Intern
Department: Fundraising Development
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Unpaid, volunteer
Hours: Full-time, Part-time
Reports to: Fundraising Lead
humanID (part of the Bluenumber Foundation), is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing invasive Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’, or Google’s ReCAPTCHA. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where volunteers & interns take over real responsibilities. Team members will work directly with the 4 founders, who include seasoned entrepreneurs & 2 HBS graduates. You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.human-id.org.
At humanID, all roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives. You will have the opportunity to lead teams, initiatives, sales calls, and much more. We care about your professional development and focus on every individual’s learning journey.
About the role
Summary of job function
The fundraising team is at the heart of our philanthropic mission here at humanID. Our team is dedicated to pushing forward our vision by securing funding through grants and individual donors. As a fundraising team member, you will collaborate with colleagues on grant research, grant writing, outreach efforts, and organizational support.
- Expand company network and build relationships with c-suite personnel, donors, and grant alums
- Write multiple emails and LinkedIn messages to potential donors and grant referrers
- Elaborate on and expand current marketing materials to be used in outreach
- Research into competing nonprofits, potential grants, and donors
- Meet with Team leads to discuss timelines and progress on tasks
- Work with other interns to secure funding for humanID
- Strong ability to adapt and communicate ideas to team leads and other team members
- Desire to learn more about philanthropy, networking, and start-ups
- Leadership on projects and initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English writing; ability to connect with others primarily through a written medium
- Passionate to fight for a better internet
Immense Flexibility on Location & Working Hours
Roles can be part-time or full-time and will be unpaid. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year-round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for at least 3 months. We are looking for new joiners starting anytime, year-round.
humanID has been completely remote and globally set up even before the pandemic, and welcomes team members from anywhere in the world, under the condition that your working hours of choice have a significant overlap with U.S. Eastern Time.