Content and Writing Internship for Brand Marketing with Harvard-based Non-profit (fully remote)
Position: Brand Marketing Writer Intern
Department: Brand Marketing Team
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Unpaid, volunteer
Hours: Full-time, Part-time
Reports to: Research & Writing Lead
humanID (part of the Bluenumber Foundation), is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing invasive Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’, or Google’s ReCAPTCHA. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where volunteers & interns take over real responsibilities. Team members will work directly with the 4 founders, who include seasoned entrepreneurs & 2 HBS graduates. You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.human-id.org.
At humanID, all roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives. You will have the opportunity to lead teams, initiatives, sales calls and much more. We care about your professional development and focus on every individual’s learning journey.
About the role
Summary of job function
As a content and writing member of humanID, you will be able to contribute heavily to the storytelling aspect of the company, a major role that plays a key task in developing both our brand and our growth. Interns are tasked with leadership responsibilities that allow them to take charge of various projects while working within a team to both create and share information that is in line with our vision. The company and the team are set up so that every member’s input is accounted for, and the opportunity to fight misinformation and maintain the privacy of users is extremely rewarding.
- Research & Marketing:
- Research and learn about the privacy and online misinformation space
- Manage content creation on Social Media
- Create and distribute high-quality content, including podcasts with experts in the field
- Learn how to build relationships online with key decision-makers and become a thought leader in the industry
- Flexible work time and hours
- Qualifications for Content Writer
- Experience conducting research and writing technical content
- Tech knowledge and experience (entry-level computer science courses, cybersecurity, encryption)
- Please include a writing example (at least one paragraph) below your resume
- Willingness to learn and both take/give constructive feedback
- Leadership on certain tasks and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Immense Flexibility on Location & Working Hours
Roles can be part-time or full-time and will be unpaid. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year-round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for at least 3 months. We are looking for new joiners starting anytime, year-round.
humanID has been completely remote and globally set up even before the pandemic, and welcomes team members from anywhere in the world, under the condition that your working hours of choice have a significant overlap with U.S. Eastern Time.