Killark, a Div. of Hubbell
Fenton, MO 63026
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
- The Quality Engineer is responsible for improving the efficiency of the Quality Management System while providing customer support. Ensure that the voice of the customer is understood and systems are in place to control manufacturing processes within a lean environment that will improve customer satisfaction while minimizing non-value added activity also co-ordinate with internal/external suppliers to meet delivery targets with alignment to quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the risk of a process using FMEA methodology
- Revise QMS documents as needed to reflect process improvements
- Improve supplier partnerships, issue and control closures of SCARS as the need arises
- Implement and maintain Process Certifications
- Improve product quality and processes by investigating, designing and implementing process improvement plans.
- Reduce waist and costs through process and design improvements
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis, using problem solving tools to address customer concerns and complaints and performing corrective and preventive actions to respond to customer concerns.
- Support production teams by reviewing quality data and assisting production teams on identified improvements.
- Implement and train on six sigma, and other quality initiatives.
- Incorporate engineering knowledge in product and process development from a quality perspective.
- Skills and Experience
- Ability to write clear work instructions and supporting QMS documents in English.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, engineering sketches, and technical documents to resolve appropriate measurement methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- A person committed to striving for lean manufacturing processes and/or six sigma initiatives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering General or Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.