Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc., (H.O.P.E.) goal is to empower individuals (including low-and-moderate income residence); targeted to maintain homeownership, improve financial well-being and assist those residents experiencing economic hardship maintaining homeownership. H.O.P.E. is a HUD-Approved housing nonprofit organization. Our mission is to ensure equal access to housing and capital for all persons through counseling, education, advocacy, lending and community revitalization. H.O.P.E. offers a wide range of services designed to foster self-sufficiency, wealth building, and housing that meets the needs of the community.
Construction Project Manager coordinate and plan projects from beginning to end. Numerous duties, including preparing budgets and cost estimates, creating schedules, responding to issues and delays, collaborating with engineers and architects, communicating with clients about progress and ensuring safety regulations and codes are met. Construction project managers should have a solid understanding of the industry, as well as motivational, decision-making and business skills.
· Oversees construction sites, general contractors, and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety.
· Creates and reviews Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders.
· Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
· Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
· Provides technical support to Project Managers.
· Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
· Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations.
· Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
· Assists in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules.
· Reviews weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes.
· Reports the status of projects to Project Manager and CEO.
· Attend client program meetings as needed.
· Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
· Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
· Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
· Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
· Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
· Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Knowledgeable in building science, construction management, or civil engineering
· Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
· Superior management and delegation capabilities
· Leadership, project, and time management skills
· Previous internship on a construction job
· Construction Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfort with time reporting systems
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software
Reports to: CEO
Hours: 35-40 hours per week. Flexible schedule within established guidelines.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and two writing samples, preferably grant or proposal related but not necessary, in one document to email@example.com or apply through Handshake.
H.O.P.E is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, immigrants, female, and LBGT individuals to apply.
Job Type: Internship
• Remote or on-site at company headquarters in Oxon Hill, MD 20745
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to Ms. Donna Hurley.
Stipend: $3,800 for 8 weeks period.
See www.hopefinancial.org for more information about organization.
We are committed to empowering our clients through assisting them with achieving a sense of self-sufficiency and an enhanced quality of life.”