SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position serves as a Project Controls Specialist for the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) and provides analytical support for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (HRTP – the Project). The position is responsible of compiling reports to aid in the overall cost forecasting, modeling and expenditure tracking for the Project. Responsibilities will also include monitoring cost controls and cost contingency management procedures and developing project cost forecasts. This position is the primary individual responsible for the production of all reporting and analysis related to the Project-wide Monthly Progress Report and its associated presentations. This position reports directly to the Senior Project Controls Specialist and is required to have a comprehensive understanding of the Project.
- Reviews financial information to develop Project cash flows; correlates and analyzes financial data with respect to cost forecasts and determines the need for adjustments. Creates and updates data reporting related to complex issues involving Project budget, costs, and scope.
- Forecasts and models trends and evaluates change orders and amendments for their impacts on cost contingency. Assists in maintaining cost projection models to monitor and forecast overall Project costs.
- Updates data into the FTA Cost Coding verification processes to facilitate review of contract progress payments for proper allocation in accordance with FTA standards.
- Other data integrity and transformation processes include reviewing a multitude of data sources to be input and updated for budget, forecast, and expenditure into the Project Management Information System, Unifier.
- Monitors consultants’ monthly performance and expenses against baseline projections and tracks expenses versus approved FTA Standard Cost Coding methodology as well as various Key Performance Indicators.
- Performs a multitude of ad hoc analyses for various internal partners and interested stakeholders. Ensures the accuracy of financial data snapshots and resolves variances in data between multiple source reports.
- Prepares and ensures quality workmanship during the preparation of all monthly cost reports which track the Project’s budget, expenditures, and progress.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three (3) years of employment performing financial analysis and financial data transformation responsibilities. Credit toward meeting this minimum requirement may come from experience in Construction Management, Investment Analysis, Banking, Accounting, Economics, or other ancillary field or discipline
- Education Requirements may be met by a Bachelor’s Degree in a study discipline related to the work experience requirements listed above. Other fields of study may be granted an exception if work experience significantly contributes toward meeting other significant Minimum Qualifications at the discretion of Management.
- Strong data gathering and analysis skills
- Strong to Expert level Excel skills and other data analysis tools a requirement
- Strong ability to use all Microsoft Office Products to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Expert level preferred)
- Ability to multi-task over multiple projects and project types
- Experience in transforming large amounts of data from “flat table” formats to useable management reporting for decision making
- Must be able to communicate changes to financial data via concise summaries for management and stakeholder consumption at multiple user levels
- Must have working and conceptual knowledge of financial and cost accounting processes
- Ability to develop financial models from reviewing operational behavior and isolating key performance factors a plus
- Critical and logical thinking a requirement, to include the ability to separate qualitative and quantitative variables