All Native Group is seeking a Specialist Instructor performs classroom course teachings based on the instructor’s area of expertise. Instructors are expected to have demonstrated experience in curriculum design, maintenance and delivery as well as general experience regarding the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, IoT devices, IP-CCTV, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment. The incumbent is part of a group that works under the guidance of the Technical Security Engineering Division.
• Presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on networked secured video surveillance technical security equipment and standards.
• Ensures curriculum updates and maintenance are completed according to policies.
• Works closely with Instructional Design, Systems Development, Manufacturers and associated offices/departments to develop and deliver technical security system training syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals for technical security devices, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Coordinates students, instructors, facilities, and classrooms for fundamental training course delivery.
• Sets up and operates audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
• Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Monitors inventory of technical security equipment and facilitates classrooms for training.
• Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
• Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Travels to U.S. and foreign training sites.
• Employee exercises independent judgment and initiative daily and requires infrequent supervision; recommends improvements to the training curriculum.
• Presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on other approved technical security systems and standards.
• Provides mentorship to colleagues
• Working knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code, OSHA safety regulations, ANSI/TIA-568 standards, as well as Department of State installation requirements
• Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability: from end user system operators, Regional Security Officers, who must understand system capabilities and how they can best be employed for the protection of American lives, Classified National Security Information, and US Government Property, to highly technically trained and experienced technicians and Electrical Engineers with years of experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Technical Security Systems
• Must show initiative accomplishing daily tasks
• Must be reliable and punctual
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in three different environments; a professional office environment which routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines; a professional classroom environment which routinely uses audio visual equipment and computers; a professional technical laboratory environment which routinely uses a variety of electronic technician tools and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• When in the classroom and lab environments, must be able to remain standing for 40% of the time
• Frequently moves about the classroom and lab areas evaluating students
• When in the office environment, must be able to remain in a stationary position for 75% of the time
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is expected up to 10% of the time for this position.
• Five or more (5+) years’ experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people
• Ten or more (10+) years’ experience in Government technical security installation or instruction as it relates to IP-CCTV and network based technical security systems and infrastructure
• Subject matter expertise in IP-CCTV systems and network infrastructure
• 60% or greater knowledge in the full cadre of Technical Security Systems Curriculum is highly desirable
• Two (2) years as a level II instructor preferred.
• Must have a high school diploma.
• Associates degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Preferred certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Cisco CCNA, Softwarehouse CCURE 9000, Genetec Security Desk, Identiv Access Control Systems Administrator and Hardware, BCSI Installer 1 and/or 2, FLETC Instructor Development
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan
Must possess and be able to maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-J1
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary