Job Title: Policy, Plans and Operations (PPO) Network Data Coordinator
Department: Professional Services
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full Time Exempt
The GEC’s Policy, Plans, and Operations (PPO) Directorate’s “Network Engagement & Training (NET)” Cell has an immediate need to hire a Network Data Manager (NEM), who will support all GEC threat and functional teams by managing, centralizing, and standardizing the organization’s underlying influencer network infrastructure using customer relationship management (CRM) software, including Salesforce, and other platforms as needed. S/he will collect, input, categorize, and maintain updated data on current and potential GEC foreign government and civil society partners and network members in the GEC’s CRM database (Salesforce) and/or other platforms to maintain the GEC’s underlying foreign partner network infrastructure.
- Coordinate, centralize, and standardize the GEC’s underlying foreign partner network infrastructure, using CRM software, including Salesforce and other platforms.
- Support each GEC threat and functional team by collecting, inputting, and categorizing data on current GEC foreign government and foreign civil society partners and network members in the GEC’s internal CRM database (Salesforce) and on other platforms.
- Tag/catalogue all GEC threat and functional teams’ foreign government and foreign civil society partners and network members, including foreign partners’ demographic information, profession, geographic location, area of interest, audience reach, and either GEC team or other DoS Bureau relationship-manager.
- Per each GEC team’s request, designate and categorize foreign government and civil society partner networks and/or curate distribution lists by geographic location, profession, target audience reach, areas of interest, and typical messaging topics.
- Conduct narrative and social network analyses to identify new foreign government communicators and foreign civil society influencers that have the potential to serve as members of the GEC’s foreign partner network. These foreign networks stand as the GEC’s ongoing partners to address issues related to countering propaganda and disinformation (CPD), working closely with the GEC’s “Network Engagement Officers (NEOs)” to vet network members for operational fit, audience following, credibility, and reliability.
- Create and maintain visual “foreign partner maps” in Tableau Dashboards for each GEC team, pulling contact data from GEC’s CRM database/Salesforce and other internal platforms used by the GEC, DoS, interagency, and select foreign government and civil society partners to maintain contact data.
- Cultivate, and maintain collaborative working relationships with officials across the GEC, DoS, and interagency, leveraging these relationships to share, protect, and expand contact data in the GEC’s CRM database/Salesforce and other internal platforms.
- Work with the GEC’s Network Engagement Specialists to share, protect, and expand contact data for select foreign government partners and civil society influencers in the GEC’s CRM database and other internal platforms.
- Work with the GEC’s Academic Liaison to share, protect, and expand contact data for foreign academic partners and other foreign CPD subject-matter experts in the GEC’s CRM database and other internal platforms.
- Complete other duties as assigned within scope of work.
- Demonstrated ability to promote information sharing practices across the USG interagency community.
- Work experience conducting interagency coordination with the State Department, Department of Defense, or other U.S. federal agencies.
- Ability to conduct Social Network Analysis (SNA).
• No additional supervisory Responsibilities separate from what has already been noted
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word.Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in roles that demonstrated:
- Experience working with CRM databases, software, and other contact management platforms, including Salesforce.
- Experience working with automated databases, including Tableau.
- Ability to lead and promote the development and use of a broad range of contact management tools and platforms.
- Ability to research, analyze, and present data on networks/network members in a way that allows senior policy officials to identify partnership opportunities to advance CPD issues in different regions of the world.
- Ability to promote information-sharing practices across multiple offices, departments, and external stakeholders.
- Personal and professional experience using social media and be fluent with the platforms that are most used for effective contact data maintenance.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in subject matter area, or closely related discipline.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a Top-Secret security clearance.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
- Pay Type Salary