IT Systems Engineer IV
Colorado Springs, CO, USA Req #3739
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Provides Air Force Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (AFTENCAP) Talon Optimization and Acquisition Support Team (TOAST) contract with project management, systems engineering, technology development, acquisition and programmatic support to rapid prototyping capability development, integration, and transition. Includes evaluation, development, and integration of current and emerging technologies in support of national to tactical intelligence capabilities, including tactical and multi sensor fusion in support of USAF and joint warfighter requirements. Provide administrative, technical, operations and programmatic support to AF TENCAP project initiation, planning, execution, transition and close out activities.
- Support AFTENCAP Information Technology systems engineering, technology development and integration including planning, direction, evaluation, and success of rapid prototyping projects, materiel acquisition and research and development technology initiatives involving the application of US National System capabilities in support of warfighter requirements.
- Develop and review AFTENCAP project communication system requirements, compare potential needs with existing infrastructure, identify shortfalls and excesses, integrate communication systems to achieve interoperability and establish continuity procedures. Coordinate’s delivery of software, designs, records, databases, manuals, guides, standard operating procedures and similar items required for operations and transition.
- Develop and review Communication System Requirement Document (CSRD) technical solutions and Communication and Information Systems Installation Records (CSIR) as required to provide network, computer system, financial, installation, outside agency coordination, information assurance and customer assistance. Provide technical network and systems engineering expertise and a comprehensive technical solution meeting customer requirements, including potential alternatives.
- Perform facility layout and engineering for all AFTENCAP divisions. Account for and coordinate security accreditation issues, equipment placement, and equipment cooling and power requirements. Participate in planning forums, briefings, conferences, and meetings to stay informed on internal and external resources.
- Perform systems architecture design and planning and develop and maintain an overall plan for systems upgrades to support long-term budgeting. Support is targeted at the rapid prototyping of systems. Update, maintain, and deliver schematic operational, systems, and technical architecture drawings.
- Leverage new technologies to enhance national capabilities for US and joint fighter, bomber, attack and ISR aircraft and munitions capabilities, including tactical sensor integration and multi-sensor fusion. Facilitate the transition of these capabilities, innovative concepts, technologies, and processes to operational use, capability integration or demonstration through the planning and execution of TENCAP projects, proof of concept demonstrations, and testing and integration of quick reaction capabilities.
- Support managing technical and special security activities, oversee technical cost, performance, and project schedule metrics of other contractor activities in the performance of AFTENCAP associated tasks and projects.
- Support transition and program integration activities; support transitioning of capabilities and technologies projects to other organizations, and advise the Government of the need, implications and technical actions required to achieve transition.
- Strong planning, organization, and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required by customer need.
20% travel, including local area, US and International travel. Travel is primarily local and US travel during the business week, with minimal extended travel up to 2-3 weeks possible.
3-7 years of experience in any: DoD Acquisition Engineering, RDTE or Project Management; Intelligence Collection or Operations; NRO; Combat Aviation; or Special Operations
AA or Bachelors in Engineering, Science, Business, IT or relevant field, Masters preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- DoD 8570 – IAT Level 2/3
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
Compensation and Benefits:
The expected compensation range for this position is $130,000.00-$150,000.00 per year (annualized hourly rate of pay). We offer comprehensive benefits that allow you to balance work and life. A benefits summary is available from this link: https://jobs.allnativegroup.com/categories/1/benefits/1/employee-benefits.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Software & Systems Development
- Pay Type Salary