IT Specialist Instructor II_ANG-Training
Arlington, VA, USA Req #4140
Friday, September 24, 2021
All Native Group is seeking IT Specialist Instructor Level Two the position provides The information assurance (IA) and cybersecurity training. The incumbent works independently and requires infrequent supervision.
• Designs and presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on IA related topics.
• Coordinates facilities and classrooms for overseas training course delivery.
• Sets up and operates equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
• Reviews course documentation, ensuring course material is up to date.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of IT/technical syllabi/curriculum/security lesson plans, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals to IA courses.
• Answers student inquiries related to course content and Department standards and policy.
• Functions as a Subject Matter Expert in his/her respective field(s)
• Backfills other instructors as required by the Program Office.
• Assists other staff members with their course preparation requirements, as directed by the Program Office.
• Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
• Operates U.S. government vehicles, when necessary, in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Escorts un-cleared personnel, when necessary.
• Frequent and/or extended U.S./foreign travel can be expected.
• Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Schedule and Hours of Work 40 Hours
A contractor authorized to work virtually from outside of the greater Washington D.C. area must be approved by the COR/ACOR.
• Frequent and/or extended U.S./foreign travel can be expected
Two (2) years as a Level Two instructor preferred.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in cyber security, computer science, information systems, or a related technical field
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree in cyber security, computer science, information systems, or a related technical field; and/or
• Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant technical work experience, three (3) of which should include teaching or instructional duties.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able and willing to drive an official U.S.government van/sedan.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Preferred Technical Certifications: A+; Network +; Security+; Certified Information
• Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Systems Security
• Professional-Information System Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP),
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Global Information Assurance
• Certification (GIAC)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Expert knowledge of current cybersecurity tradecraft and information assurance regulations
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary