The Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor provides subject matter expertise and instruction in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, hydraulic systems, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment. The incumbent works independently and requires infrequent supervision.
• Designs and presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings on the following technical security topics:
o Security Systems Standards Review and Inspection
o Electrical Systems including Power Regulators and Uninterruptable Power Supplies
o National Electric Code
o Electronic Fundamentals
o Basic Computer Networking
o Fiber Optic Installation
o Pedestrian and Vehicle Screening Systems
o Access Control Systems
o Access Denial Systems
o Intrusion Detection Systems
o Public Address and Announcing Systems
o Closed Circuit TV Security Systems
o IP Based Video Surveillance Systems
o Security Management Systems
o Physical Security Systems
o Electric and Hydraulically Operated Vehicle Arrest Systems
o Operation of GSA Approved Security Containers and DS Approved Locking Devices
• Works closely with Instructional Design, Systems Development and Manufacturers to develop and deliver technical security system training syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals for technical security devices, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Coordinates students, instructors, facilities, and classrooms for fundamental training course delivery.
• Sets up and operate audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
• Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
• Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Travels frequently and/or for extended periods to U.S. and foreign training sites.
• Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
• Bachelor of Science degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
• Ten or more (10+) years’ experience in Government technical security installation or instruction in 60% or more of the security disciplines listed above.
• Five or more (5+) years’ experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people.
• Two (2) years as a level II instructor preferred.
• Subject matter expertise in a minimum of 60% of the full Technical Security Systems Curriculum.
• A working knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code and OSHA safety regulations, as well as Department of State installation requirements.
• Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability: from end user system operators, Regional Security Officers, who must understand system capabilities and how they can best be employed for the protection of American lives, Classified National Security Information, and US Government Property, to highly technically trained and experienced technicians and Electrical Engineers with years of experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Technical Security Systems.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan.
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary