Job Title: Diversity and Inclusion Council Specialist
Department: Professional Services
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full Time Exempt
The Global Engagement Center’s Diversity & Inclusion Council Specialist will provide the GEC with expert support to fulfill the needs of the D&IC. The incumbent reports to the D&IC President, and in the absence or vacancy thereof to the Vice President. The incumbent will also take requests/taskers from the Vice President or requests supported by the majority (over 50%) of Executive Board members.
• Maintain a calendar, take notes/minutes, and disseminate after every meeting.
• Support Communications officer as back up.
• Attend all working level group meetings, and be the “common thread”, provide feedback and advise to President and VP of D&IC.
• Support event planning through reaching out to internal and external stakeholders who could support with speaker engagements.
• Provide key support with scheduling meetings, helping with surveys, questionnaires, sending invites, etc.
• Support with IT requests and maintain D&I database of contacts.
• Make recommendations on D&IC events and help plan and execute them.
• Support President’s and VP’s liaising with key interlocutors in the State Department and external community of D&I experts.
• Support the strategic planning and development of D&IC efforts, coordinating overall budget, training, and administrative issues, and developing and managing a team framework.
• Work with U.S. government, private sector contacts, and foreign partners in support of strategic cooperation with these entities.
• Develop and maintain relationships with counterparts in other relevant Department offices and bureaus, specifically DEI portfolio holders.
• Develop coordinated strategies for addressing D&IC council priorities, assist in the developed strategies, and then facilitate the delivery of such capabilities.
• Schedule projects and ensure assignments are carried out as planned
• Work together with D&I Council E-Board leadership and management staff concerning work/operational issues and other activities
• Perform other duties as assigned if its within scope of work.
• Have and understanding of Diversity and Inclusion, through demonstrated work experience in the D&I arena in the Federal Government.
• Ability to prepare papers, calendar, and briefing materials for the D&IC, including support on webpage design (give recommendations), and minutes of meetings.
• Exceptional communication (written and verbal); interpersonal; and relationship-building skills.
• Must be able to work and deliver within limited time range or frame
• Familiarity with USG policy on designated issues and be able to draw upon publicly available, cleared U.S. Government information resources and the vast resources of quality information about the United States available online.
• Knowledge of Office Manage Specialist (OMS) operations
• He/she must have a good understanding of how an administrative setting operates and know what is required at any given time
• Knowledge of Federal Equal Employment Opportunity principles, concepts, laws, regulation and policies and relevant precedent.
• Knowledge of Federal human resource management laws, regulations, programs, and processes with a focus on employee relations.
• Knowledge of and ability to use alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes, methods, and practices as an integral part of the Department’s EEO Complaints Intake and Resolution Process.
• Thorough understanding of the kinds of management actions and employment practices and conditions that constitute barriers to EEO, such as improper supervisory practices.
• Strong analytic, oral, and written presentation skills, with emphasis on clear presentation of information and theoretical concepts.
• Skill in coordinating a program including problem-solving and motivating others to take necessary actions and negotiations. Strong skills in facilitating problem-solving and project teams in the design and completion of work products.
• The incumbent must get certification from a DEI program and complete the following FSI trainings: Barrier Analysis Training; Understanding EEO; Harassment; Mitigating Unconscious Bias; Cultural Competency; and Gender Equity.
• No additional supervisory Responsibilities separate from what has already been noted
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word.Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
• No additional experience noted by the government separate from what has already been noted
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a Top-Secret security clearance.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Consulting Services (tech)
- Pay Type Salary