ANG seeks an AV Specialist with strong acoustics background , assigned to our federal client, toprovide a wide range of professional engineering services and technical consultation to management, other professionals, andcontractors to engage to carry out the design and construction of projects in all audio and visual aspects of the design and constructionof safe, secure, and fully functional facilities at overseas diplomatic posts throughout the world.
In furtherance of these responsibilities, the contractor performs tasks and assignments that include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, on highly complex, controversial and time-sensitive matters, to highly diverse audiences at all levels of expertise and authority, both within and outside of government.
• Works closely with assigned design manager on the design of a specific engineering construction project, to ensure timely and correct technical information is available to top management
• Reviews and revises drawings, calculations, and specifications related to acoustics, including design proposals suggestedby tenant agencies as well as other federal agencies whose requirements impact federal government facilities. Correlates proposals with contract architects and engineers
• Develops and ensures the applicability of current engineering criteria (federal government guidelines for agency-wide use) relating to the design of buildings; serves as an authority on AV design standards; and assists the Office of Facility Management in establishing criteria and standards governing aspects of facility operations, maintenance and repair;
• Serves as a consultant to post management regarding buildings and sites that require AV systems
• Provides a wide variety of expert-level and professional advice and assistance in theaudio visualsystems field to include:
• Develop scopes of work, testing services fee estimates and assist with contract negotiations
• Inspection and/or survey of installation practices for verification of contract performance requirements
• Accompany Diplomatic Security teams on site security certification surveys and resolve technical problems as they arise
• Develop systems that both conform to technical and physical security
• Reviews and make recommendations of approval for acoustic project plans; review AV aspects of minor improvement proposals and maintenance and repair proposals; develop, design, andreview projects related to the renovation of a building; review and consult on AV aspects of buildings to be purchased or leased by federal government to ensure compliance with federal government criteria; and represent federal government on technical matters on interagency committees relating to activities and policies associated with audio and visual design.
• Reporting and documenting in response to inquiries from public, media, or elected representatives, contractor drafts statements, interpretations, or clarifications of United States Government policy, criteria, or procedures associated with the audio and visual systems aspects of projects.
• Develops and ensures the applicability of current engineering criteria (federal government guidelines for agency-wide use) relating to the audio and visual systems design of buildings; serves as an authority on acoustic and visual distribution design standards.
• Manage projects and be able to research and gather information
• Support of miscellaneous initiatives within the Office of Design and Engineering as needed.
• The duties of the AV Design Specialist may alsoinclude, butare not limited to: Updating delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines; Keeping projects on schedule; Updating schedules; and Management of administrative details.
• Evaluation and testing of spaces to verify performance in new and existing US mission properties
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday,9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel approximately 10-20%
TheAudio VisualDesign Specialist shall have no less than ten (10) years of demonstrated experience designing audio and visual distribution systems for commercial, municipal, or federal facilities.
Contractor must have experience designing intercommunications, paging,queining, interactive display, image projection, television, and audio distribution for both indoor and outdoor spaces. Knowledge or experience with system integration is desired. Knowledge or experience with architectural design and construction practices is required.
Bachelorsdegree in the field of computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering,computer science, or related fieldpreferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Professional designation as Certified Technology Specialist – Design (CTS-D) obtained fromInfoCommis desired.
• Mastery of the latest state-of-art audio visual applications and developments, and the ability to apply this knowledge to the integration of state-of-the-art telecommunications systems into the design and construction of highly sophisticated, secure, advanced-design embassy facilities, sufficient to serve as an expert in the full range of duties concerned with design and layout of audio visual systems for use in multi-story buildings, residences, and special purpose buildings owned and/or operated by federal government standards, and to fulfill the specialized audio visual requirements of overseas diplomatic posts.
• Mastery of design and construction practices and methods that ensure office and public spacesare in complianceof commercial and federal noise control performance requirements.
• Mastery of applicable consumer statutes and regulations, as well as applicable industry standards.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of related engineering fields, such as civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering and architecture sufficient to effectively consult, interface, and partner with fellow professionals engaged in related aspects of assigned projects.
• Ability to interpret plans and specifications for a variety of large and complex building projects, and to investigate extensive changes in design specifications, construction and materials proposed by contractors or others to accommodate conditions at construction sites and to expedite construction.
• Ability to understand engineering principles and practices in foreign countries, to ensure that projects are designed and built tofederal government standardswithout conflict with the hostcountry;including knowledge of local building specifications and building codes.
All Native Groupis an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary