Design that makes a difference.
Hive-a creative award-winning studio that builds smart strategies, new funding models, powerful advocacy and creative campaigns for ONE, lululemon, Eleanor Crook Foundation,
Women Moving Millions and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation–is looking for a designer
to join it’s diverse and dynamic team.
Reporting into the Sr. Designer, this role offers opportunity for creative, breakthrough work in
the areas of social justice, gender equality, child marriage, disease prevention and the wealth
- Work with our team to design and develop hive’s global online presence, including websites, campaign landing pages, emails, blogs, ad creative, social media assets and collaterals
- Work with team members to develop and maintain the brand guidelines, and assist the team with creating new assets and maintaining consistency
- Support the visual design of digital platforms, products, and brands of our clients
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
- Participate in client workshops, presentations, and reviews
- Support the production of design deliverables under the guidance of the creative and design team
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design
- Ensure all deliverables and outputs are of the highest level of quality and precision
This is an entry-level role – recent design program grads, candidates with 1-3 years of
experience, or self-taught designers with strong portfolios are welcome to apply
- Understanding of the web development process, responsive design, and best practices in UI/UX and SEO
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology, emerging best practices in the design community and new tools such as Webflow, Miro and Notion.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Microsoft 365 and Google Suite.
- Illustration and/or animation skills are a plus
What we are looking for
- Initiative: a pro-active problem solver who delivers results without need for constant supervision. Someone who thinks ahead and for themselves.
- Responsive: once delegated a task it should be completed in a timely, calm and considered manner.
- Detail oriented: delivers work with care and attention ensuring work is accurate and of good quality.
- Communicative: We are looking for people willing to be part of a growing dynamic team.
- At the same time, we are looking for someone who knows when to ask for help.
- Creative: we value fresh thinking, alternative perspectives and provocative ideas and are seeking to build a team of people who all bring an interesting point of view to the table.
- Flexibility: has a flexible approach and is willing to go that little bit extra to deliver great work.
- Integrity: maintains confidentiality and treats colleagues/clients/partners with respect and consideration.
- Team Player: we are a small and growing team. No job is too big or too small for any member of our team.
- Passionate about and committed to social issues.
Did this get your attention? Then send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and see if you can get ours!