Business Analyst – (2100012O)
Hillsborough County will require all applicants scheduled to attend an on-boarding session on or after August 30, 2021 to show proof of being fully vaccinated before their employment can begin. Fully vaccinated is two full weeks after final vaccination shot.
Works with minimal supervision and manages multiple projects while presenting information for decision making with little or no direction. Duties involve providing responsible technical and professional assistance to departments and agencies in reviewing and analyzing a variety of complex organizational structures, procedures, and existing programs to include identifying areas where corrective action should be implemented.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to Analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes or detailed information.
• Skilled in working with technology, including application administration, troubleshooting and assisting users with application needs.
• Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills to influence and engage colleagues, along with a broad understanding of the businesses they support: relates well to all levels and types of roles, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport as well as constructive and effective relationships.
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities at once
• Ability to pro-actively collaborate across departments to achieve cross-functional success.
• Ability to present complex technical data in an easy to understand method for non-technical users.
• Responsible for collaborating with external technology vendors to develop/analyze solutions, identify potential Information & Technology Service department projects and enhancements, prioritize project work, and any additional County-specific work requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration, Information Management Systems, Public Administration, Finance or related field; and
- One (1) year of experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of business or management analysis; or
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies; and
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional, and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Serves as an applications coordinator for CCS (Oracle Customer Cloud Services) and LIMS (Laboratory Inventory Management System), providing competent functional expertise, support, and guidance with analysis and problem solving of complex needs. Reviews and troubleshoots complex issues; analyzes and defines scope of problems.
- Plans study of work systems, processes, problems, and procedures such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated service delivery/production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Gathers and organizes information on problems, systems, processes, or procedures including present operating procedures.
- Selects the most appropriate analytical technique, and analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding. Utilizes available computer systems, resources, and personnel to carry out analysis to support management’s need for performance improvement.
- Organizes and documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes; recommends alternative solutions to management as to courses of action that best meet the organization’s goals.
- Confers with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures. May install new systems and train personnel in applications.
- Reviews forms and reports and confers with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Prepares management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Extract, manipulate, and join data from multiple sources into a population set for comparative analysis; performs highly complex, independent studies and analysis and makes conclusive recommendations. Develop and maintain complex analytical models to determine scientific values, project, and process value of a wide range of business initiatives.
- Responsible for dashboard development process, including creating data definitions, validating data, retrieving data from systems, maintaining technical documentation, dashboard creation for laboratory and billing systems.
- Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes and procedures. Resolves quality control issues within a laboratory setting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and procedures.
- Knowledge of the organization, operating activities and administrative practices and policies of departments and agencies assigned.
- Knowledge of analysis and research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Skill in conducting independent studies and analyses of organizational activities, programs, procedures and operating systems.
- Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment in making conclusive recommendations based on business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multitask.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Most work is performed in a standard office environment or work from home.
- May include travel to drinking water/wastewater plants, laboratory and administrative locations.
- Sets up computer workstations and laboratory instrumentation when needed.
- Standing and walking are frequent on some days.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.#VIZI
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Job: Business Analyst.E.Bus
Organization: CAD-PU-Public Utilities
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2021
Classification Type: Classified
Application Deadline: Oct 26, 2021
Salary Range: 21.51 -34.42 US Dollar (USD) Hourly