We currently have an exciting a motivated, hands-on Associate Scientist opportunity to work in the areas of single-cell analysis of primary human tumors, microfluidic B cell screening, and immune repertoire profiling. The individual in this position would be routinely operating and further developing our microfluidic CelliGO single-cell platform and applying it for immune repertoire screening and translational patient sample analysis. Successful candidates will work closely with Senior Scientist (Microfluidics) and the Single-cell Science team to discovery novel biomarkers and characterize diverse antibody formats. The individual must be a persistent problem-solver, well-organized, strong team player, proactive, ambitious, and capable of working independently to timely deliver quality results in a fast-paced environment. This is an impactful opportunity that will have a key role in advancing our therapeutic programs and in shaping the culture of a young, dynamic, multinational company working at the leading edge of immuno-oncology and immune repertoire profiling. This position will be based at the Cambridge, MA site of HiFiBiO Therapeutics.
This individual will be part of the Single Cell Science group at the Cambridge, MA site. The daily duties and tasks of this position are to participate in the execution of experiments as part of the company’s Single Cell Science and Biomarker and Antibody Discovery programs.
- Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mastering, operating and maintaining the company’s proprietary microfluidic cell screening platform and make sure they function properly.
- Writing support documentation and SOPs.
- Supporting the development of novel applications of our microfluidic single-cell analysis system.
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- Regular and organized documentation of experiments in an electronic lab notebook.
- Supporting lab organization.
- Working cross-functionally as part of interdisciplinary multi-project teams with colleagues in Cambridge; Paris, France; and multiple China sites. Good communication and interpersonal skills are key.
- BS/MS in Biological Engineering, Applied Microfluidics, Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or a related field preferred.
- Mechanical inclination and aptitude are critical. Experience with microfluidic systems, PDMS, laser optics, high-speed imaging, and single-cell technologies.
- Hands-on experience in using fluorescent cell-based immunoassays (e.g., flow cytometry, ELISAs, ELISPOT).
- Fundamental knowledge of immunology. Knowledge of B cell and T cell biology, human and mouse immune cells, surface markers and their functions in health and cancer, antibody V gene repertoire analysis, and genetics is a plus.
- Familiarity with data analysis software, such as MATLAB, Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and sequence analysis tools.
- Experience working with immune cells and culture of mammalian cells.
- General laboratory management and operation. Demonstration of good laboratory techniques.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work within a team environment.
To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and CV briefly stating why your skills set would suit the job and your reasons for applying to the posting found on our career page at www.hifibio.com. All CVs will be evaluated at our earliest availability. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, performance-based bonus, and flexible vacation time.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
Our Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for HiFiBiO Therapeutics. To protect the interests of all parties involved, HiFiBiO will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position(s) is in place. Unsolicited resumes sent to HiFiBiO from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and HiFiBiO and do not obligate HiFiBiO in any way to pay any fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees; no response will be provided to such contact or presentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, marital status or any other protected Federal/National, State/Province, or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
About HiFiBiO Therapeutics
HiFiBiO Therapeutics is an emerging multinational company mobilizing the human immune system to combat disease and transform patient care. We integrate deep-rooted biological expertise, apply advanced single-cell profiling technologies and leverage open-innovation strategies to accelerate the development of a repertoire of innovative antibody drugs to treat cancer and autoimmune disorders. HiFiBiO fosters a fast-paced and engaging work environment, providing high growth opportunities to our employees to learn new skills and tackle new challenges on a daily basis.