Fast track your career with the #1 broad-based player in Engineering R&D Services. With HCL you will use your engineering and analytical skills to provide innovative solutions to our global clients.
You will learn and work on new-age technologies as we enable our clients across industries in their digital transformation. At HCL, creativity and innovation take wing as we engineer next-gen customer experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Design/Project Engineer you will research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. You will be responsible in one or many of the stages of product development including concept design, detailed design, analysis, collaborating with suppliers for manufacturability, prototype validation, release of engineering prints for production, etc.
- Research, design, develop and test electrical systems in tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Use CAD/CAE tools such as Creo, Ansys and other client analysis tools to design and develop new product designs and/or design modifications as required by the project scope.
- Determine design tolerances and manufacturability through collaboration with suppliers and understanding of various manufacturing best practices.
- Integrate various systems – mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics – to ensure required performance requirements.
Cumulative GPA 3.0+
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a STEM field
US Work Authorization is Required
- Forbes magazine World’s BEST employers
- NCWORKS Governor’s Award for “Outstanding Employer of the State” in North Carolina
- Recognized by Gartner As a Leader for Managed Workplace Services, “Leader” in North America
- Gartner Magic Quadrant For Data Center Outsourcing & Infra Utility Services, North America
- We’re celebrating becoming a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! #GPTWcertified
We are a leading global technology company offering services and products through three business units – IT and Business Services, Engineering and R&D Services, and Products & Platforms. We use the latest technologies – AI, IoT, Machine Learning, and Cloud – to identify and solve the most complex business problems across a wide number of industries. Our foundation is built on four decades of innovation, a world-renowned, employee-centric culture, a strong base of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships.
With a worldwide employee base of 170,000+ ” Ideapreneurs” working in 46 countries and a network of global R&D, innovation labs, and delivery centers, HCL serves leading enterprises, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
Our Presence in the Americas
It’s been three decades since HCL started its business in Americas. It has now grown to build a flourishing business which now boasts of 20,000 strong workforce across 15-offices and 6-global delivery centers. Better still, we’ve had the opportunity to contribute to the growth and technological excellence of hundreds of blue-chip American companies and also to positively impact the IP portfolio, R&D legacy, IT landscape, and talent pool of Americas through close collaboration with government, universities and local communities. Our success has been led by the immense talent of highly motivated individuals who are drawn to solving challenges in an entrepreneurial environment. We are proud to have also received multiple accolades, such as receiving the “Outstanding Employer in the State” honor in North Carolina. We are looking for like-minded people to join us in our next phase of our transformation journey and welcome you to grow with us.
At HCL, we don’t just accept the differences—we support it and celebrate it. We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.