Meet the Team
As part of the Hashicorp Design org, the Web Presence Design team is a group of super talented UX designers working in close partnership with HashiCorp Marketing and Web Engineering. Led by our Group Creative Director, the team is paired with Brand & Communications Design—both working in concert to support each other in pushing the design envelope.
What We Do
We help express the value of our brand through visual communication, kinetics, and interaction to engage, educate, and establish trust with both practitioners who love our products and enterprises looking to improve their businesses at scale with HashiCorp.
Our team strives to do this with the user at heart and our ‘beauty works better’ principle in hand. We believe the design process can and should feel satisfying for stakeholders, continually improve with insights, and regularly deliver positive outcomes for our business.
What You’ll Do
As a Web Design Intern, you will work closely with the Web Presence Design and Web Engineering teams, under the supervision of our senior web designers. Responsibilities will span a range of web design projects and support to the broader Creative Design team.
- Work collaboratively with the Web Presence Design and Web Engineering teams to complete a variety of design and production projects
- Aid in the maintenance, organization and archiving of design projects in Figma
- Provide design and production support to the Creative Design team
- Produce artwork in support of web updates
- Receive mentorship on any areas of growth you’re looking for, and share your own expertise in areas of strength you bring to the team
Your Roadmap to Success
By the midpoint of this internship, you should…
- Have a foundational understanding of the Web Presence Design team, our operating practices and how we execute
- Be concepting and planning against assigned project(s), with oversight from Senior Design Manager and/or mentor
- Partner closely with Marketing and Web Engineering on the ideation and development of assigned project(s)
- Collaborate across the Creative Design team on a variety of design and production projects
At the endpoint, you should…
- Partner with Web Engineering on the execution and implementation of assigned project(s)
- Conduct VQA with the Web Presence Design and Web Engineering teams
- Project share out: present your project and report your findings
You may be a good fit for our team if you…
- Are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in HCI, Design, or equivalent training in the United States and returning back to school following completion of this internship.
- Have academic or professional experience working in a corporate environment
- Have a web design portfolio with case studies and/or student projects
- Are comfortable working with highly technical team members and end users alike
- Have familiarity with or interest in open source communities, cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, or developer tooling
- Familiar with user research methods (remote user testing, survey research, usability testing, field research)
- Have experience with data visualization
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
Please provide a link to your design portfolio (preferably includes case studies) in your cover letter or resume.