Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing and environmental services to the global steel and metals industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and return valuable raw material into production. We also have developed a range of by-products for specialized applications across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize Harsco’s expertise in mineral materials.
We are seeking safety minded individuals who are well qualified in the field of heavy diesel equipment maintenance, have excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work in small groups or individually. As a member of the team you must be able, at a minimum, to communicate clearly, have strong organizational skills, perform basic troubleshooting and repairs on heavy and light mobile equipment, perform your duties safely and efficiently, maintain a safe and clean work area, and possess the basic hand tools for the job. In addition to these general maintenance and lubrication skills and experience, the correct candidates will also excel in several or all of the following skills.
Experienced Heavy Diesel Equipment Mechanic
- Diagnosis and fault finding on various large, off-road construction equipment types (Wheel Loaders, Material handlers, Excavator, Trucks etc)
- Perform preventative maintenance services (oil and filter change) and equipment inspections
- Perform mechanical/Hydraulic/electrical repairs on various engine and powertrain systems.
- Experience in Caterpillar engine technology and diagnostic tools (e.g. E-Technician)
Experienced in HVAC, MVAC, and electrical installations, inspections and repair on both heavy mobile equipment, material recovery plants, and facilities. This includes:
- Diagnosis and fault finding
- Ability to read schematics and charts
- Effective PM programs for batteries and electrical systems
- Possess required certifications and training to maintain and charge all MVAC and HVAC units at the site location meeting all environmental requirements
Experienced in Lubrication Technology which in addition to basic lube services includes:
- Preventative maintenance inspections
- Creating defect reports
- Routine PM services on heavy mobile equipment following an established plan.
- Maintain organized stock sufficient to perform services and basic repairs as well as bulk fuel, coolant, lubricants and oils.
- Fuel equipment that cannot travel
- Material Processing Plant troubleshooting and repairs
- Troubleshoot and repair processing and rotating equipment used in material processing plant such as screens, crushers, conveyors or gearboxes.
- Maintenance of processing plant or other fixed assets
- Realign belts and shafts
“We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.”