HMMH has multiple positions for client-focused professionals, from entry-level to experienced candidates, to provide support to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice in the area of sound insulation.
HMMH addresses environmental issues at airports; since our founding in 1981, HMMH has delivered expert assistance to more than 200 airports worldwide. The focus of our Aviation Environmental Services Group is to analyze, evaluate, and find solutions for airport environmental issues. We prepare noise and air quality studies, develop sustainability plans, evaluate and develop mitigation plans for environmental impacts, contribute to environmental documentation, engage the public, and ensure regulatory compliance. Many of our consultants have backgrounds in aerospace/aviation, flight procedures, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, or other technical fields.
We seek candidates with solid technical, quantitative, and technical writing backgrounds for positions focused on acoustical testing, data analysis, and reporting for sound insulation projects in the Aviation group. As a consultant at HMMH, you will have an opportunity to:
- Use your quantitative skills to analyze data
- Find creative, technically sound, and appropriate solutions to technical problems
- Participate or oversee (depending on prior experience) in data collection, including field measurement trips
- Actively communicate with project team members and clients to contribute toward delivering high-quality technical documentation
- Assist clients in compiling aircraft operations, correspondence, and land use data
- Assist clients with responding to public inquiries regarding aviation noise issues by phone, in-person meetings, and public meetings
The primary focus of these positions is sound insultation and acoustical testing projects. The positions entail conducting field measurement trips, data analysis, and/or reporting tasks. These positions may require 25% to 50% of time for travel to outdoor fieldwork in a variety of weather conditions. HMMH anticipates outdoor fieldwork to initially be up to two weeks every other month and possibly up to two weeks every month. Locations for the sound insulation measurements may include airports throughout the country, with a specific focus on west coast locations.
Other assignments may include analyzing aircraft flight track databases and other aviation or environmental data sources to create inputs for modeling of environmental effects around airports and affected communities, statistical data analysis, contributing to the development of software tools, drafting environmental reports and NEPA documentation.
- BA, BS, or MS in a technical field (aerospace/aviation, physics, math, engineering, environmental sciences, acoustics or other technical fields)
- 0-5 years of experience for Consultant positions, 5+ for Senior Consultant positions
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- For Senior Consultant positions, candidates should have demonstrated project management skills in a consulting environment, and/or direct experience with similar types of projects, and experience managing other team members
- Interest in acoustics, air quality, aviation, and environmental issues
- Experience using GIS for data acquisition, analysis, and reporting functions
- Data management and programming experience (specifically SQL, Python)
- Demonstrated experience supporting team presentations and public meeting participation
Location: West coast (CA, OR, WA) location preferred. Other locations to be considered include:
- Burlington, MA
- Washington, D.C.
- New York, NY
- Anaheim, CA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
HMMH is committed to helping our clients operate sustainably, and that includes addressing our own carbon footprint. HMMH strives to ensure a balance of people, planet, and profit in our business and is a proud corporate partner of the Good Traveler Program to offset our carbon emissions from travel.