This role work closely with the U.S. Primary investment team to support all portfolio monitoring, tracking, and review functions. The job responsibilities will include: fund and separate account tracking, investment pipeline capacity oversight, preparation of regularly scheduled and ad hoc client-specific requests, management of benchmarking tools, lead responsibility for internal portfolio reviews, all relevant client reporting, and assistance as necessary with LP communications such as annual meeting materials, fund letter preparation in relation to the existing and potential U.S. primary portfolio. Responsibilities will also encompass other activities designed to support (i) separate account servicing and LP communications (ii) Primary marketing and fundraising activities, (iii) ongoing fund and account management, (iv) investment reporting, as well as (v) acting as a Primary Group liaison to other internal HarbourVest teams including but not limited to Accounting and Marketing.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Desire to work independently as well as part of a team
- Extremely high level of maturity and ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Must also possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Primary Investment Portfolio Analysis and Monitoring: 55-65%
- Prepare and maintain monitoring materials for all new and prospective Primary portfolio investment funds and separately managed accounts.
- Oversight for the pipeline manager capacity and investment pacing for U.S. primary partnership investments.
- Preparation and coordination of U.S. Primary portfolio materials for internal and external semi-annual portfolio reviews and quarterly updates.
- Assist with preparing fund letters for investors, including the drafting of market and fund commentary.
- Participation in weekly Primary IC group meetings to help evaluate U.S. Primary investments.
- Respond to specific requests for fund capacity, portfolio construction, investment pacing, and performance analysis.
- Assist with the monitoring and information gathering presented to HarbourVest Committees for all primary commitments.
- Maintain and enhance customized cash flow models for existing programs as well as new and prospective LPs.
- Assist with overseeing the WAM projection models.
- Management and creation of all industry and manager/market-specific benchmarking tools including identifying and collecting data from new information sources and updating existing models as necessary.
- Liaise with internal HarbourVest groups (Portfolio Analytics Group, Accounting, among others) on all aspects of financial reporting for primary funds.
- Respond to ad-hoc internal queries and requests for other Primary operational projects.
Marketing/Primary Operations: 25-35%
- Prepare U.S. Primary portfolio analytics for existing and prospective LPs, including manager pipelines and fund case studies.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Primary related marketing, global investment forum, annual meeting, and advisory board materials.
- Coordinate with RFP team in developing data responses for Primary-related RFP materials.
- Preparation of materials in relation to HarbourVest U.S. Primary funds being marketed to prospective LPs.
- Preparation of investment update materials presented to SMAs and commingled fund LPs
- Update quarterly U.S. market overview slides and all associated data/information.
- Maintenance of Primary group key performance indicators (i.e. pipeline, deals reviewed, completed deals, deal flow, and capacity).
- Work with Client Service Organization to respond to ad-hoc marketing and investor related queries and requests.
Technology Related Activities: 5-15%
- Assist in the design and testing of existing as well as technology applications impacting the Primary team.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team for multi-directional knowledge share to improve application usage amongst Primary team.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Data Office (EDO) to monitor systematized data for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine and communicate data needs of third-party providers with the EDO.