HAP Capital is seeking a Quantitative Trading Associate (QTA) for its Electronic Derivatives Trading Desk. The QTA will report to the Head Trader on the Desk, managing the operational side of the Desk’s trading activities, monitoring production trading strategies and researching new strategies. This is a new role, presenting a ground-up opportunity to learn the electronic trading business as a member of an elite team.
As a Quantitative Trading Associate, you will:
- Research and execute trades under the guidance of the Head Trader.
- Monitor production trading strategies, reporting on strategy performance.
- Liaise between Trading Desk, Middle Office group and Clearing Firm, ensuring trades and positions are booked accurately, and option exercises submitted precisely, and timely.
- Own event calendar, ensuring traders and trading systems have accurate views of both historical and upcoming events.
- Innovate on tools for portfolio evaluation and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Passion for trading and/or financial markets.
- A high level of motivation, curiosity and entrepreneurship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Determination, grit and a strong attention to detail.
Additional skills/experience that will reflect favorably
- Python, SQL, Bash or other scripting/coding experience.
- Options pricing fundamentals.
- Statistics, game theory or other expertise leveraged in quantitative trading.