Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
We are the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. For over 56 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
Hamilton Company is seeking an experienced Field Automation Consulting Engineer with experience in the laboratory automation industry to join our Robotics Team. We are looking for motivated professionals to utilize their laboratory robotics technical knowledge and skills to provide guidance and support to the sales team. We are a fast growing company with a talented group of field sales and support engineers, and are looking for a professional who can assist this field team in maintaining and expanding our current growth trends. This field based position works within a specific geographic sales region. We are looking for someone based in the New Jersey/New York/Connecticut area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Sales Team by aiding in the following aspects (not limited to):
- Attend sales meetings, available as technical consultant for sales and customer
- Gather and refine specifications necessary for designing automation system that meets customer’s needs, including development and delivery of customer presentations
- Develop and conceptualize automation solutions for customer proposals
- Product and software demonstrations for prospective customers.
- Post-Sales project management, responsible for overseeing system from manufacturing to implementation at customer site
- Communicate customer/solution requirements to internal and field support teams and provide technical guidance as needed
- Help oversee territory management, including application and service engineer scheduling and site visit prioritization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent skills in communication and the ability to present in front of an audience. Needs to clearly communicate technical and non-technical concepts in a group setting.
- Excellent customer support, service and relationship building capabilities.
- Ability to interpret scientific protocols and customer needs to adapt to automated workflows.
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software and programming is essential for this role
- Previous knowledge of Hamilton Robotics’ Product Portfolio and Software Platforms.
- Must be available to travel nationally and internationally.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering preferably Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Must have 4 plus years of experience in working with laboratory automation and or similar industry relevant technical support/sales.
- Experience taking scientific protocols from the bench to automated systems is required.
- Project management experience, specifically directing and overseeing large instrument installations, is desired.
- Previous experience programming Hamilton Robotics instrumentation is preferable.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects.
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation time, Paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more).
- Solid Stable Company.
- Drug free workplace.
Learn more about us @: www.hamiltoncompany.com.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Keywords: Technical Sales, Sales, Engineering, Sales Engineering, Project Management, Solution Consultant, Consultant, Automation Engineer, Applications, Applications Scientist, Applications Specialist, Biotechnology, Robotics, Biotech, Lab Automation, Laboratory Automation
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.