For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. Habitat AmeriCorps service offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. AmeriCorps members serve the community in direct or indirect service and capacity building activities.
What will you do?
Habitat AmeriCorps has 11 different position types available to suit all interests and skill sets.
Construction crew leaders
Play an integral part in leading volunteers to build and repair more homes.
Community outreach coordinators
Play a critical role in strengthening relationships through planning, coordination and implementation of projects in partnership with the community.
Assist with the management and execution of deconstruction programs, assisting with demolition of structures in order to reuse and recycle materials as a green alternative to landfills.
Homeowner services coordinators
Build and maintain the pipeline of homeowner families by leading efforts to recruit and educate qualified families for both homeownership and home repair opportunities.
Volunteer services coordinators
Help recruit, train, schedule and recognize volunteers while growing the volunteer base and advancing individual and group partnerships.
Construction systems development VISTAs
Create, document and implement plans to improve construction operations.
Family services development VISTAs
Research and implement plans for homeowner family recruitment, tracking, scheduling and support with the goal to improve the overall experience for participants.
Project development VISTAs
Develop and implement new programs, create or improve policies or procedures, and develop strategies to build leadership and leverage resources that increase the number of families served through the Habitat mission.
Resource development VISTAs
Create, document and implement plans for donor engagement, tracking and recognition in order to increase the overall donor experience and donor buy-in to Habitat’s mission.
ReStore development VISTAs
Research and implement best practices for standard ReStore operating policies, using marketing plans and volunteer program development.
Volunteer services development VISTAs
Develop, document and implement plans for volunteer recruitment, tracking, scheduling and recognition in order to increase the number of volunteers and improve the overall volunteer experience.
Click apply to see all the locations where we are hiring.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
The benefits of service are different for the AmeriCorps National and VISTA programs but include:
- Living allowance during service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
Megan Young, Applicant Engagement Sr. Specialist
Phone: (800) 422-4828