We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference through the delivery of results.
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Business Program Management supports program and project management delivery for Corporate and US Commercial divisions. The Senior Manager, Business Program Management will deliver on strategic and cross functional initiatives by leading the planning effort and execution through all phases of the program / project. The Senior Manager, Business Program Management will work through the Program Management Office to continually development practices and tools kits to increase effectiveness and efficiency of cross functional teams. The Senior Manager, Business Program Management will report in the Director of Program Management and Information Services Business Partner and will work in a highly matrixed environment.
- Responsible for program/project management and process analysis for Corporate and US Commercial divisions.
- Responsible for planning, day-to-day execution, management, implementation, readiness, and reporting of departmental or cross functional initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the parts of the supported business / process and provide data driven insights into those areas.
- Collaborate with business, technology, & operation(s) teams to execute on strategic initiatives.
- Be accountable for schedules, deliverables, & interdependencies in a cross functional environment / team structure; report progress / updates regularly to all stakeholders.
- Drive consistency in tracking and measurement of programs to enable portfolio management.
- Implements best practices and ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability.
- Identifies and efficiently resolves issues, driving decisions, and tracking action items; appropriate issue escalation.
- Develops strong partnerships with external business partners and strategic alliances, where applicable.
- Leverage critical thinking and data to inform decision making and drive implementation.
- Provide strategic insights to enhance the methodology(s), practices and toolkit(s) of the Program Management Office.
- Mentor additional program / project managers and team members.
- Degree in engineering, business, or a related technical discipline
- Doctorate degree and 2+ years of Project Management experience.
- OR Master’s degree and 4+ years of Project Management experience.
- OR Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of Project Management experience.
- Significant industry experience in the Life Sciences, Biopharmaceutical, or other Healthcare- related field.
- Proven record of implementing Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Life Sciences and Healthcare regulated industry.
- Knowledgeable of various process & facilitation methodologies such as lean six sigma, agile, PMP, Prince 2 etc.
- Management consulting experience in the areas of strategy, transformation, organizational design, process reengineering, and technology enablement.
- Organizational change management experience, leveraging key change leadership & change management principals and tools for adoption of new capabilities.
- Business process experience in Corporate and/or Commercial functions.
- Experience in financial modelling; Strong analytical skills with experience collecting, processing, and analyzing a variety of qualitative and quantitative data sets.
- Experience with technology solutions and familiarity with the System Development Lifecycle.
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be hands on to drive progress or close gaps.
- Demonstrated ability to dive teams and performance through various methods of visual management.
- Ability to constructively challenge teams and encourage innovative problem solving.
- Demonstrates strong written / oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership.
- Adapts and thrives in a changing environment and building high-preforming cross-functional teams.