The Office of Conflict Counsel represents clients who cannot, due to a conflict of interest, be represented by the Allegheny County Public Defender’s Office. Conflict Attorney will represent juvenile clients within juvenile delinquency proceedings by organizing and maintaining each delinquency case from petition hearing to disposition. The successful candidate will be assigned on a full-time basis to the Allegheny County Office of Conflict Counsel. As such, no other contracts for employment with Allegheny County to perform legal services will be permitted. Additional duties include:
- Organizing and maintaining each delinquency case from petition hearing to disposition.
- Familiarizing self with community and placement resources available for juveniles.
- Preparing each case as required for full and competent representation of the juvenile client. This includes client contact, legal research and all preparations and pleadings.
- Writing appropriate motions and court documents.
- Familiarizing self with the E-filing system and files all motions and petitions via said system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Flexibility in handling juvenile delinquency cases, minor clients and their parents or guardians.
Ability to conduct online filing and research.
Work as part of a team and be able to contribute to a group, as well as have individual success.
- Candidate must have graduated from an ABA-accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania.
Salary: $41,000 per year plus comprehensive benefits package