Fabricates and welds a variety of metals from sheet stock to heavy plate. Welding processes utilized include Tig-Mig-stick and occasional brazing. Work is performed using basic hand tools-jigs-fixtures and precision measuring devices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works independently on fixturing weldments and creates tooling as required for new jobs.
- Interprets blueprints, weld symbols, machining requirements, and datums to weld and create fixtures.
- Works along with manufacturing, quality control, and engineering to solve problems with weldments or prints.
- Trains and mentors lower level welders.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abide by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observe all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expert level knowledge of military specification and AWS specifications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles such as how pre/post machining operations are affected by weldments made by the welder.
- In-depth blueprint reading including all weld symbols, machining requirements, and datums.
- Extensive knowledge of NDT (does not have to be a Level II Inspector, but has full understanding of what a Level II is responsible for and how to perform all NDT).
- Understands all requirements of military and AWS workmanship requirements. Passes Workmanship exam.
- Can read and operate all inspection tooling (verniers, height gages).
- Can create tight tolerance weldments and straighten as required.
- Can safely operate a manual vertical milling machines, saws, grinders and overhead cranes.
- Understands all internal weld procedures and welding related operational procedures.
- Can train lower level welders.
- Expert at all weld process used by GSM (GTA, GMA & SMA).
- Ability to pass all welder performance qualification tests (welder samples) on first attempt.