Directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of Weld engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall project management of customer contracts to include:
- Review of contract & quality requirements
- Maintenance of customer drawing files
- Coordination of contract modifications
- Implementation of engineering releases, change requests and change orders
- Identification of purchase requirements
- Develop manufacturing plans including bill of materials, routing and work instructions.
- Coordination with corporate purchasing department to ensure timely procurement of material requirements
- Creation of shop drawings as required
- Develop Weld procedures that meet customer requirements including for example TECH PUB 278, 1688 or AWS requirements
- Develop NDT plans and OQE that meet customer requirements
- Write procedures that control the qualification and certification of weld operators
- Train welders and inspectors in the relevant control procedures
- Interaction with vendors and customers
- Develop tools, fixtures, test equipment required for manufacturing
- Provides written input to proposals, reports and test data to customers as required
- Develop cost estimates in support of proposal activity
- Prepares status reports as required
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Target 3-5 years of experience in project management responsibilities
- Target 3 years of experience in defense/aerospace related job Fabrication and Welding environment
- BS in Mechanical, Quality, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Products
- Experience with manufacturing processes to include: CNC machining, painting, Fabrication techniques and weld processes in a heavily regulated environment such as DOD or Aerospace
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD or equivalent CAD/CAM software
- Excellent human interaction skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Professional engineer a plus
- Experience as a welder a plus
- Experience specifying and evaluating NDT procedures a Plus