Supports Quality Assurance and Control activities to ensure products and procedures meet all applicable internal and external requirements. Maintains calibrated test equipment, prepares test data, and identify areas for quality control improvement. Supports the administration and maintenance of quality systems. Reads and interprets work instructions and blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerances. Interprets Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance. Measures, inspects, tests and verifies machined, welded and finished parts for conformance to specifications. Manually operates CMM’s, height gages, comparator, etc. Provides support for quality projects dictated by the Quality Leadership.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the administration and maintenance of Discus inspection report software.
- Ensures equipment is calibrated, validated and maintained properly and ensures safety during operation of equipment.
- Collates test data and drafts quality reports.
- Identifies possible areas for improvement in quality control processes.
- Conducts analyses of raw materials, in-process materials, finished goods and environmental samples, checking for quality and that they meet necessary specifications.
- Ensures compliance to federal and state laws, as well as company standards and specifications.
- Interprets test results and compare them to the specifications and control limits in place while providing recommendations on the appropriateness of data.
- Supports QMS activities including but not limited to CAPA, Internal Audits, Doc/Record Control, etc.
- Supports First Piece, In-Process, Final, and F.A.I. Inspections.
- Reads blueprints or specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or raw material using verniers, micrometers, intramics, CMM, height gages, comparator, scales and or/other tools.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, height, thickness, location, thread lead, and other specifications.
- Computes angles, radii, and other unspecified dimensions of work piece by using sine bars.
- Measures surface finish of parts. Inspects first run parts and assemblies.
- Examines material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds.
- Tests units for fit of moving parts and mechanical functioning.
- Tests parts for hardness.
- Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly.
- Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- Writes reports regarding inspection and testing results.
- Supports inspection duties, quality objectives, and the Quality Management System.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Assists in other areas in support of product conformity.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two-year certification from college or technical school; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as an inspector or quality technician preferred.
- Experience working with quality management systems.
- Experience operating and setting up CMM’s and Faro arms beneficial but not required.
- Must know how to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Must have the ability to work as a team player in a group or team environment and must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must be flexible enough to work in all areas of operation per the direction of the Leadership.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance is required.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection, plating & coating processes and raw materials a plus.