Executes the quality control program such that continuous production is achieved and product is consistent with established standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality and coordinates necessary actions with Quality Engineers.
- Oversees all the operations in the Quality Control Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints, resolving problems.
- Focuses on solving conflict. Problems are addressed immediately and corrected as soon as possible, followed-up to ensure the situation has been addressed/resolved, and shared with the supervisor to learn from experiences.
- Monitors, develops, and analyzes metrics and product specifications to evaluate present standards and drive continual improvement activities.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant manager to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Work to reduce and eliminate barriers and obstacles to improve overall cost and scheduling performance.
- Your leadership is expected to make it easier for employees to make quality products and make it easier for customers to do business with GSM.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Windows based computer programs; ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order administrative systems.
- Ability to measure performance to goals and standards
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others intently and without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write technical reports, ISO procedures and correspondences.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to give clear and concise instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving ambiguous circumstances in non-standardized situations.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance if required.