Provides support for quality projects. Supports and completes activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards, requirements, documents, and instructions for industrial processes, materials, and products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and interprets contracts, work instructions, blueprints, GD&T, and customer and industry specifications and requirements to determine dimensions, tolerances, and any other applicable inspection and test criteria or requirements.
- Measures, inspects, tests and verifies machined, welded and finished parts for conformance to specifications.
- Completes inspection, FAI’s, and other inspection tasks as assigned.
- Develops, performs and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. These standards and methods include but are not limited to Inspection Reports, Process Improvement (PI), CSI / GSI, DMR / MRB, and internal / external audits.
- Supports final inspection, customer source inspection, and government source inspection.
- Reviews and verifies inspection processes and results.
- Provides assistance and training to inspectors and other manufacturing workers.
- Supports the developments of procedures, instructions, and forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality related information in the Quality Management System.
- Supports and completes Inspection reports, balloon prints, Gage Calibration, as assigned.
- Supports programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Supports and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Assist and support in the DMR and MRB process.
- Supports and conducts internal and external (supplier) audits.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Completes other duties assigned.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two-year certification from college or technical school, three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection, special processes, and raw materials a plus.
- Able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Knowledge of CMM, height gages, inspection tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must have the ability to work as team player in a group or team environment.