Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates Buy Lists and Purchase Req’s to procure materials to support Contract due dates.
- Communicates with area supervisors to expedite product.
- Plans workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Coordinates Sub Contract Services with Purchasing.
- Coordinates completion of required shipping paperwork (C of C’s, Data Packs, etc) with QA to support shipment dates.
- Packages product for shipment to Sub-Contract suppliers and Customer using both Commercial and Mil-Spec Packaging.
- Performs Inventory transactions to issue materials to the work order and completed parts to Finished Goods.
- Maintains an up to date status on all responsible jobs.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Informs Program Management of Job status and Issues that might affect on time delivery.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- Prepares purchase requisitions/buy lists to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, six months to one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel), Windows based computer programs, M1, and ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order administrative systems (Visual MFG).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.