Create, maintain, and coordinate production schedule to ensure efficient and effective operation of the business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for:
- Manufacturing Schedule
- Create and maintain Master Schedule.
- Evaluate impacts of proposed schedule changes.
- Job Priorities
- Analyzes input and directs Project Management, Production Control, and Area Supervisors for prioritization of jobs to ensure on time delivery.
- Work Center Conflicts
- Identifies and communicates potential bottle necks and capacity constraints with department management.
- Manufacturing lead time estimates.
- Analyze projected capacity, material lead times, and manufacturing times to develop achievable project completion dates.
- Contributor to:
- Customer Updates
- Communicate schedule updates and concerns
- Program Schedule Development and Maintenance
- Communicate capacity constraints
- Risk Review Process and Updates
- Identify potential scheduling risks
- Identification of Job Release Schemes
- Material Movement and Product Manufacture
- Communicate schedule updates to maintain on time delivery
- Management Review Process
- Front end ERP integration using ERP Best Practices
- Develop processes and procedures for workflow
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management, five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows based computer programs, and ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order scheduling systems.
- Proven experience with planning and forecasting.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.