Assist with the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Assists the engineering team and other manufacturing departments by working together cohesively. Assists with the development of best practices to streamline the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and develop manufacturing and inspection processes.
- Create manufacturing routings based on project requirements provided by project engineering.
- Create and maintain work instructions, setup sheets and tooling lists.
- Establish control plans for critical features.
- Define inspection requirements to meet customer requirements.
- Champion process development and improvement to improve manufacturing quality and efficiency.
- Determine and eliminate root cause of quality defects created by existing manufacturing processes.
- Assist in developing plant layout by planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space and flow of product.
- Develop tools, fixtures, test equipment required for manufacturing.
- Reviews manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Support legacy and new product introduction (NPI) projects working with a team of Program Managers and Project Engineers to meet shipment goals.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree program in Mechanical, Quality, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience developing manufacturing processes for machining, welding and/or electromechanical assembly a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing processes to include: CNC machining, paint/coating/plating, welding, heat treating, and assembly a plus.
- Understanding of GD&T and experience interpreting detailed engineering drawings a plus.
- Experience with project management responsibilities a plus.
- Experience in a defense/aerospace related job shop environment a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products
- Demonstrated proficiency in Solidworks.
- Experience with CAM software a plus, especially CAMworks.
- Excellent human interaction skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance a plus.