Partially or completely assembles electromechanical products such as handling devices, robotics, and mechanical assemblies to meet drawing specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs basic quality assurance functions to ensure sub-assemblies meet specifications.
- Uses basic hand and power tools.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners as required by drawing specifications.
- Operates drill presses, arbor presses, or various other machines to assist in assembly operation.
- Recognizes potential quality deficiencies in assemblies and notifies engineering department of such concerns.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), two or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, sketches and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to build to assembly drawings and follow process sheets.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.