Govern For America is hiring a Program Associate to join our team. The Program Associate is a key member of the GFA program team who will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of GFA’s fellowship programming. Reporting directly to the Program Manager and Fellowship Director, the Associate will collect and analyze data to improve program performance, create training content, support coaching sessions, and organize both in-person and virtual training sessions. As the Associate grows and learns, they will have the opportunity to take on increasing responsibility. The individual serving in this position should be excited to learn new skills and take on new challenges as they arise.
Govern For America Overview
Govern For America is a non-profit startup working to build the next generation of public sector leaders. Through a two-year paid fellowship, we recruit, train, inspire, and empower recent graduates to dismantle systemic inequities, build more inclusive public systems, and create a more effective government. We imagine a world where our most dynamic young leaders see government as an avenue for meaningful change, and our governments reflect the values and diversity of our nation. GFA believes that by engaging America’s top talent, we can better meet the needs of all residents while revitalizing public service as an attractive career path for recent graduates and building a diverse leadership pipeline into government.
The Program Associate will support the Program Manager in the strategic planning and execution of the professional development program for our fellows in collaboration with the GFA team and training partners. Below are some of the responsibilities that the Program Associate will take on.
Administrative Planning and Support
- Prepare meeting agendas and briefing materials and capturing notes and action items
- Manage Program calendar
- Draft and maintain correspondence with Fellows
- Track Fellows’ progress in completing required assignments and follow up
- Maintain project status updates in AirTable and/or Asana
- Develop and update template forms, emails, surveys, and internal policies
- (Re)Organize GoogleDrive folders and files to match new naming convention
- Research and contact potential speakers/presenters
- Coordinate logistics for virtual or in-person meetings
- Manage Zoom setup and moderate virtual meetings
- Order and maintain supplies
- Administer feedback surveys after every event and analyze results for lessons learned
- Manage Fellow performance evaluation process and analyze results for lessons learned
- Compare notes from Fellow and manager check-ins and synthesize takeaways for action
- Draft PowerPoint presentations and brochures or infographics
- Research open-source resources for training and professional development
- Create GoogleClassroom courses by developing and uploading files
- Create video presentations by recording and editing
- Manage scheduling for rotating recurring staff check-ins with Fellows
- Capture notes and ensure follow up is completed
- May conduct Fellow check-ins
- Post-secondary degree
- Experience providing administrative support
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft Suites
- Interest in government, policy, training, or professional development
- Creative Problem-Solver
- Familiar with video editing and/or design software
You Belong At GFA If…
- You believe in the value of public service and the power of government as an avenue for meaningful change in our society.
- You are passionate about building a diverse leadership pipeline into government and believe that talented and committed people can strengthen our public institutions to foster inclusion, promote equity, and better serve everyone in our country.
- You are a creative thinker, collaborative problem-solver, and an energetic doer who is committed to doing what it takes to build a transformative new organization
- You are a self-starter and a team player who is excited to join and build a growing, highly motivated, and creative team.
- You are passionate about turning ideas into action and ask compelling questions that help your team focus on what matters most.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited vacation and sick days with approval from a manager
- PTO for all major holidays plus a company-wide 1-week winter holiday, 1-week summer holiday
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability
- Opt-in long term disability
The starting salary for this position is $50,000. This position is based at Govern for America’s headquarters in New York City. Until there is a working and widely available vaccine, the GFA team works from home, so this position will be remote until further notice. Applicants must be able to start work by January 31, 2022.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and resume to this google form by 1:00pm ET on Friday, December 3, 2021. If you have any questions, contact Vee Duong at email@example.com.
1. We will review applications and invite select candidates to complete a short job simulation by 12/10/2021.
2. We will review task submissions and invite selected candidates for interview by 12/15/2021.
3. We will conduct final round interviews the weeks of 12/13 and 12/17/2021.
4. Program Associate will start around January 31, 2022.
At Govern for America we are committed to supporting leaders and building systems that seek and embrace diversity, foster an environment of inclusion, and pursue equity. We believe that differences in backgrounds, lived experiences, perspectives, and identities contribute to stronger teams and more effective institutions. In our work and the GFA fellow community, we value and seek out diversity across multiple dimensions, including but not limited to race, color, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, disability status, and age.