Headquartered in New York City, Gotham Consulting Partners is a leading private equity advisory firm with a 15+ year track record of rapid value creation for private equity firms and their portfolio companies. We perform robust fact-based customer & market and operational due diligence, craft pragmatic and executable growth strategies, identify operations improvement opportunities, and execute changes that maximize financial benefits. Within tight timeframes and through our differentiating mix of superior analytics, strategic, operations, and financial expertise, Gotham delivers tailored solutions that allow our clients to rapidly confirm, reach, and often exceed, their top-line growth and margin improvement objectives.
All Gotham team members work closely with leading private equity firms and senior executives while gaining strong hands-on consulting experience in an entrepreneurial setting. The work we do requires team members who are: passionate about raising the bar on what is possible; focused on doing whatever it takes to help clients succeed; critical thinkers and strong communicators who thrive in challenging, fast-paced, and exciting situations; and looking to make a valuable imprint both inside Gotham and at the client.
On a typical client engagement, business analysts work in a team consisting of a partner, a vice president, senior operating executives, associates, and other business analysts, as well as client resources. Business analysts play an important role throughout an engagement. Responsibilities include:
- Collecting, synthesizing, and analyzing data, including primary and secondary research
- Building market-sizing models and providing a robust assessment of market opportunities and risks
- Modeling hypothetical solutions, testing alternate scenarios, and developing fact-based actionable recommendations
- Developing factual and compelling message-driven written documents/client deliverables
- Following work plan and meeting all client commitments with excellent quality end products
- Assisting in client presentations and contributing to constructive dialogue around insights and proposed solutions
- Building high-quality relationships with private equity and portfolio company client team members
- Contributing to the growth of Gotham Consulting Partners via: knowledge and methodology sharing; case study, proposal, and other marketing collateral assistance; and recruiting.
Gotham does not follow a prescribed timeline for career advancement recognizing the unique contributions and development pace of each individual. Rather, we use a 360-degree evaluation process, along with informal feedback, to gauge readiness to accept broader roles. When a business analyst is ready and willing to accept higher levels of responsibility, he/she is given such responsibilities.
At Gotham, our people are our single most important asset. Ours is a culture of excellence, and we gain great satisfaction from working together and with our client counterparts. Our firm comprises exceptional men and women from varied backgrounds and with unexpected interests and remarkable lives. People who succeed at Gotham are diverse yet share as core traits integrity, ownership/accountability, self-confidence, resourcefulness, energy, passion for learning and career advancement, and a “getting things done” attitude.
Specific requirements for a business analyst role include:
- BA/BS in engineering. economics, or a similar quantitative field from a top-tier institution
- Strategy/operations consulting, a corporate role, or due diligence experience a plus
- Experience with market sizing, financial and operational analysis, and model creation; advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Excel and Access
- Solid understanding of business concepts: financial, operational, organizational, and market
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of Gotham and with private equity firm and portfolio company staff
- Strategic thinker and attention to detail; experience solving problems in a structured manner using an “80/20” approach
- Results-oriented and client-focused, with ability to perform in compressed timeframes and data-poor situations
- Comfort with traveling and being present at client sites
- Passionate, high-energy, self-starting entrepreneurial mindset.