Only candidates pursuing a Masters or PHD degree with a strong academic background in machine learning will be considered.
Our team is a part of the Worldwide Engineering organization within GoDaddy, and we are looking to have all level of machine learning scientist join this core Applied ML team. We are committed to understanding all major business units very closely, and we thrive to empower business results by leveraging state-of-the-art ML algorithms.
The Machine Learning team utilizes large-scale data to power various business areas, and our goal is to build cohesive navigation experience across channels and web pages, to help simplify and improve the shopping experience for everyday entrepreneurs across the world to quickly find what they need on our website.
There are big opportunities for us to look deep into new subscription and renewal spaces to demonstrate dynamic pricing and convex optimization to boost growth across multiple products and multiple business units. We will build an outstanding personalization and recommender system to offer most relevant products and prices at the right time.
There are also plenty of NLP practices that we need top talent like you to help with. We need to understand our product and chat survey data, to extract customer sentiment. We’ll build taxonomy and customer intent program based on live chat messages with chatbots, that allows us to distribute the intent signals back to product teams and help improve NPS score. The intent will also flow into chatbot, and SEO/SEM/SERP landing page to help personalize the product recommendation and pricing experience.
Our team’s challenges include deriving value from sparse data, understanding large scale shopping data to extract and retrieve information and building best practice in this field to create the best user experience and highest user engagement. GoDaddy has deep and rich data sets, many still untapped, and your real passion for the ground breaking machine learning algorithms has the power to unlock tangible business growth.
What you’ll get to do…
- You can articulate and understand a business problem, identify challenges, formulate the ML/NLP problem and provide/prototype solutions
- You will provide technical leadership, identify and understand key business challenges and opportunities, and develop end-to-end software solutions using ML/NLP.
- You will collaborate extensively with internal partners, program management, and engineering team to ensure that solution meet business needs, permit valid inferences and have functional feasibility.
- You will collect and process large volumes of data; build new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage.
- You will communicate results in a comprehensible manner to all levels of the company.
- You will brainstorm and collaborate with other team members
Your experience should include…
- PhD or MS in computer science or equivalent quantitative fields. 1+ year experience is preferred.
- A strong background in both machine learning/NLP (PhD preferred) and software development. Hands-on Deep Neural Network technologies are preferred.
- Strong algorithm design and programming skills in at least one low level language like C++/Java, and scripting languages like Python/R/Scala
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop/Spark)
- Passion for solving exciting and meaningful real-world problems using principled techniques and practices
- 1+ years’ experience of working with live data (data cleaning, data visualization and modeling)
- Embrace for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with detailing, synthesizing, and communicating results.