WHO WE ARE (OpCo Overview):
Global Traffic Technologies (GTT) provides customers with the latest technology advancements on a mission to make roadways safer and more efficient. More than 3,100 cities worldwide trust GTT to deliver reliable intelligent transportation solutions, including 41 of the 50 largest U.S. cities. As cities move into the Smart Cities space, GTT is helping to lead the industry by leveraging our history of innovation.
GTT’s Opticom brand has been providing best-in-class priority control solutions for over 45 years. A testament to Opticom’s quality and durability is the continuing growth in the customer base, now comprising more than 70,000 intersections and 70,000 vehicles with over 3,100 customers worldwide. This includes 41 of the top 50 largest cities in the U.S.
Our success is based on working with communities to provide the best emergency vehicle preemption, transit signal priority and traffic management systems.
Purpose of Position
At GTT, we design intelligent transportation solutions that help cities be smarter. Not so they compete on Jeopardy, but so its people get around in a more efficient way. Our advanced technology keeps traffic lights green for first responders to arrive on-scene safely and quickly, for buses to remain on schedule, for snowplows to clear streets more efficiently. But despite more than 50 years of industry-leading innovation, we’re not into resting on our laurels. After all, technology waits for no one (including us).
So, if you have an insatiable curiosity and a work ethic to match, we may be the perfect place for you! We are seeking college level software developers to work with a team to design and develop new products and to develop enhancements and extensions to existing systems using a variety of programming languages and technologies.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop software as directed and with supervision
- Develop software tests and verification procedures
- Become familiar with tools and applications utilized by department
- Complete special projects and assignments in a positive and timely manner
- Assist with design or modification of a product, service, or process
- Perform other duties as assigned
Remote Work Eligibility
Fully Remote Elidable
- Working knowledge of software development tools (e.g. compilers, debuggers, emulators, etc.)
- Working knowledge of software development in PC and/or Linux
- Working knowledge or a desire to learn AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Working knowledge on data pipelines, data analysis, learning models (nice to have)
- Desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Highly creative, high energy individual with a hands-on style
- Able to thrive in, and foster in others, an entrepreneurial culture.
Education & Experience
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Junior or Senior year or have taken relevant courses in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science