We want you to be a part of our team. Are you Driven to Care? Do you naturally want to help others and have a sense of service? If this describes you, we have a place for you!
You provide transportation service for clients of behavioral health services and centers,
routine medical appointments from their home, hospital, facility or other location and safely
transport to their destination.
ComTrans is part of Global Medical Response (GMR) family that is the industry-leading air, ground, specialty and residential fire services and managed medical transportation organization. With more than 38,000 employees, we deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services.
We have job opportunities available across our family of companies and are looking for people who want to make a difference for the communities we serve.
This is a Regular Full-time (hourly/non-exempt) role.
- Minimum Requirements:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- All driving positions are required to be at least 21 years old.
- Valid AZ driver’s license.
- Approved by our insurance company as a driver.
Company Provided Training/Certifications
- Have a level one fingerprint clearance card at time of hire
- First Aid/CPR
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
- Complete ComTrans Driver Certification Training Program.
- Always ensure the safety of children
- Always allow natural parent-child interactions
- Resolve conflict and de-escalate situations effectively
- Document visits without bias or personal beliefs using professional documentation practices in accepted format and medium
- Ensure all visit notes are detailed, accurate and submitted timely Communicate all issues to your direct Supervisor immediately
- Conduct vehicle check prior to start
If your passion is helping those in need, apply today!
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Be well organized and efficient.
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Be a strong team player.
- Have excellent driving skills
- Understand customer service internally and externally.
- Use sound judgment in making decisions and solving problems.
- Utilize time management skills – prioritizing and planning.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Be able to de-escalate situations effectively.
- Utilize proper communication skills.
- Have the ability to perform services in a professional and businesslike manner and to the highest standard of professional conduct.
- Ability to stand, climb stairs/steps, escort clients to and from the destination, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arms.
- Able to grasp objects such as steering wheel, car seats, etc
- Sit in a driving or sitting position from 1 to up to 12 hours.
- Able to get in and out of vehicles multiple times per day
- Assisting students/clients in and out of the vehicles multiple times each day.
- Able to bend, kneel and secure wheelchairs and clients multiple times per day.
- Ability to lift or move at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to carry, lift and install child seats into vehicles and secure children into child seats.
- When required, able to pass a Department of Transportation physical exam initially and upon expiration.
- Able to perform vehicle pre and post-trip inspections daily and on any vehicle
- Able to work in a variety of environments; inside and outside, able to tolerate a variety of climate changes and conditions,
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Special Needs.
Upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.