Position Title: Liver Cancers Communications Intern
Position Type: PartTime (20 hours or less)
Position Term: Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
The Global Liver Institute (GLI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based out of Washington, D.C. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by liver disease through promoting innovation, encouraging collaboration, and scaling optimal approaches to help eradicate liver diseases. We believe that by collaborating with the medical and advocacy communities, and partners worldwide, we will achieve our vision for liver health to take its proper place on the global public health agenda consistent with its prevalence and impact.
Position Summary: Working with the Liver Cancers Director, the Liver Cancer Program Intern will assist with promotion and dissemination of GLI’s liver cancer educational programs and resources.
- Working directly with the Liver Cancers Program Director, the program assistant will contribute to the ongoing program activities of the liver cancers department including the Liver Cancers Council, the Liver Cancer Lessons education program, and #OctoberIs4Livers.
- Review news and scientific literature to identify information, stories, and articles relevant to liver cancer education and awareness
- Translation of complex medical information into language for GLI audiences
- Review GLI patient education materials and create a promotion plan to share via social media and other outlets to increase dissemination to the liver cancer community
- Working with Social Media Manager, develop social media messages to promote GLI liver cancer patient education resources and liver cancer news and research including Facebook and Twitter
- Skilled business writing in research and correspondence
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Knowledge and/or experience with virtual learning and remote work
- Fluency in Microsoft and Google Applications
- Excellent written communication skills
- Passion for nonprofits and health advocacy
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals from cultural and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across the team and with external stakeholders
- Superior organization and leadership abilities
- Experience with communications, journalism, and/or public relations preferred
How to Apply:
Please send your Resume/ CV and Cover Letter to Hiring@globalliver.org with Liver Cancer Program Intern in the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions posted, we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process. The Global Liver Institute is committed to fostering diverse perspectives and actively pursuing equity in all aspects of our work. The Global Liver Institute is an equal opportunity employer.