The Global Language Network (GLN) is a small not-for-profit that does a lot with a little. Our mission is to “use language as a tool to help fix our world” and we constantly strive to build a Network of Givers, for Givers, by Givers.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who believes in the mission of the organization, would like to help GLN grow and expand, and is looking to grow both personally and professionally in the process.
The GLN Program Coordinator coordinates our main program – our language classes, which consists of coordinating our Teaching Fellowship (our teacher development program), coordinating our internship program, managing interns and volunteers, and coordinating the logistical aspect of our language classes (scheduling, coordination with teachers and partners, class registration, etc).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate our language program which includes overseeing class scheduling, teacher coordination, customer service, class registration, and ongoing logistics
- Coordinate our Teaching Fellowship which includes helping recruit new Teaching Fellows, managing the selection and on-boarding process of Fellows and providing ongoing logistical support as necessary
- Coordinate GLN’s Volunteer and Internship Program which includes recruiting, training and managing GLN volunteers and interns
- Serve as a point of contact for the GLN broader member base and communicate with the general public (learners, supporters, etc.)
- Maintain GLN’s partnerships which includes interacting with partner organizations on a regular basis and coordinating logistics when it comes to class hosting
- Provide support to and assist GLN’s Executive Director and organizational leadership with daily operations as necessary
- Since we rely heavily on volunteers, flexibility in schedule is a must. Some volunteers can only meet after standard work hours (ie 6pm, 7pm)–in which case hours can be shifted around to accommodate.
- Support for Teacher Training sessions is a must. Typically our teacher training is on Sundays and takes place approximately 8-10 times per year.
Note: we are a small, fast growing non-profit offering a starting salary that is open to a raise over time based on performance. We are also offering a generous 401k package with a sliding-scale employer match.
A great experience for personal and profession growth:
- Immense opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Fun, diverse and creative environment
- Opportunity to learn languages with GLN for free after work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent data entry, record keeping and other administrative skills
- Office experience and customer service experience would be particularly helpful background
- Very organized and timely
- Positive attitude, flexible, patient, good sense of humor, professional, and eager to learn and grow with the organization
E-mail your resume and a brief cover letter to Global Language Network, Attention Andrew Brown at Info@TheGLN.org -Please be sure to note that you saw our post on Handshake.
If you are selected from the first pool of applicants, we will ask you to complete an online application.
*Please be sure to include in your cover letter any relevant and qualifying formal or informal experience you have in customer service, management, administrative work, and program coordination or program management.
Only complete applications will be reviewed!
To find out more about GLN, please visit our website: www.TheGLN.org
- Please be sure that your US residency or visa status allows you to have employment. At this time we will not be sponsoring work visas.
- There are limited interviews available, so apply now!
- Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
- The position will start (approximately) October 25th.
- Training will take place via Zoom or Skype.
- If you can meet this timeline we look forward to reviewing your application!
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our entire team is currently working remotely. As soon as we can safely resume in-person business in Washington, DC, we will bring our team back to the office and all work will be done from our office in DC. Once our in-person work resumes, the position will not be eligible for remote work during office hours.