Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, a major international law firm with over 1,400 attorneys and 20 offices worldwide, seeks a Procurement Representative for its Los Angeles headquarters. The primary role is to provide purchasing and negotiation services while maintaining excellent customer service and serving as front facing contact for the department with both internal customers and suppliers. Responsibilities include analyzing user requests and vendor contracts, product sourcing, negotiating pricing and agreement terms and preparing RFPs as needed.
Other job duties to include:
- Administrative tasks including managing department inbox, completing purchase orders and processing invoices, maintaining inventory tracking spreadsheets, and providing administrative support to other members of the department
- Bid and negotiate purchases and contracts for a variety of goods and services including printed materials, computer equipment, subscriptions and general supplies
- Liaise with multi-location user community, providing solutions, support and superior customer service
- Identify potential suppliers and enhance relationships with existing suppliers
- Assist with RFP processes through preparation, analysis, and contract negotiations as needed
- Manage assigned procurement projects from start to finish, consulting with and updating status for the requesting department and Firm management as necessary
- Be a consulting resource for other departments in purchasing and asset management
Qualifications: Ability to research, formulate and present arguments on a variety of issues. Ability to work independently, manage time well and find enjoyment working in a quality oriented fast-paced team environment. Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to establish working relationships with all levels of staff, management and vendors. Highly motivated with a desire for learning and continuous improvements. Ability to quickly understand requirements for varying goods and services, and to add value in the analysis and acquisition of those items. Have strong analytical skills, sound decision-making abilities, excellent attention to detail and pride in a well-executed finished product.
Education/Experience: An Associates degree and 1 year of customer service experience required. Strong technology skills, including intermediate to expert level Excel and Word, and an ability to easily adapt to new systems and new technology solutions also required. Interest and/or previous experience in procurement a plus.
Gibson Dunn will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of local law.