The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a Landscape Designer for our Seattle office to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscapes, and interiors, founded in 1986. GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Seattle, Los Angeles and Boise, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
About The Role
To support the project team in the completion of one or more projects in accordance with established goals and scope of that project(s). Collaborates with all team members in an effective and efficient manner and works under direction of and in collaboration with key project team members (Principal-in-Charge, Project Manager, Project Designer, Technical Lead, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to take initiative on projects, and exhibit commitment to overall goals set by project team
- Communicate effectively with Project Team and other internal stakeholders
- General understanding of the larger context and impact of design
- Demonstrate the utilization of clear and open process for solving problems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible
- Coordinate design with other disciplines, and communicate in timely manner
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in our core markets
- Awareness of sustainable design core concepts including material and plant selection, resource conservation, and synergies with other disciplines
- Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
- Experience with the production of Design Communication packages
- Ability to explore design three dimensionally
- Awareness of local and national building codes and accessibility requirements
- Awareness and understanding of standards, codes, general technical ability
- Knowledge of computer software, including Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Windows OS
- Undergraduate accredited College Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work
- Authorization to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com to apply. We look forward to hearing from you
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.