Gerdau is a major steel manufacturing company, operating in 10 countries and employing over 30,000 individuals. The North American business divisions (Gerdau Long Steel North America and Gerdau Specialty Steel North America) produce long and special steel products for the agriculture, energy, industrial, automotive and manufacturing markets. We stimulate the economy through our network of recycling operations and mills, operating ten mills in the U.S. and three in Canada. Our mills utilize efficient and clean production practices, including the use of electric arc furnace (EAF) technology. The use of this technology and its process makes our steel one of the greenest choices available.
G.Future: Gerdau’s Next Generation of Leaders
To invest in our junior talent, Gerdau proudly offers G.Future, a program designed to develop future leaders for the company. As members of this leadership program, participants will be put through an intensive 18-month program that utilizes on-the-job learning, classroom training, coaching and ongoing mentorship from various leaders to shape the G.Futures into our future managerial and technical leaders. Some of the experiences of this program include:
- G.Futures will be responsible for solving large- and small-scale problems. Examples include: Creating Mechanical components/assembly drawing(s), proposing business methods to optimize product output and redirect process prioritization to improve current production standards.
- Work as a leader managing the strategic implementation for overall business goals.
- G.Future also offers a Mentorship Program, a unique feature designed to help participants build a successful career. Your mentor will be a seasoned professional within the company who will facilitate your integration with Gerdau, help you understand Gerdau’s values and business culture and streamline your training by providing you technical knowledge and business vision.
- Visit our customers and suppliers to gain In-depth knowledge of our business from beginning to end.
- Gain a holistic view and acumen of the industry by working with each level of Gerdau North America, as well as travel to various destinations throughout the US and Canada.
- Further your development by interacting with other G.Futures from across North America while tackling some of the organization’s biggest challenges.
- Grow a set of managerial, interpersonal, analytical, and technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial/Systems Engineering, or similar degree.
- 2020/2021 Bachelor’s graduate, or expected to graduate by Summer 2021
- Record of high academic achievement (Minimum GPA 2.5, preferred GPA 3.0 or above)
- Preference for a degree related internship experience
- A maximum of 3 years full-time work experience
- Well-rounded applicants with leadership roles in student organizations or extra-curricular activities
- A high learning agility and willingness to adapt and develop continuously
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring current or future sponsorship for employment
- Willing to relocate to various locations within the United States during the length of the program