- Perform monthly assessments using Appsheet software
- Perform bi-annual trainee hands on level end competency/skills testing
- Review and approve trainee progress pictures and procedures
- Maintains an accurate log of TDP store communication and training progress
- Facilitates bi-monthly TDP store calls with GMs, Mentors, and Trainees
- Facilitates store rollout calls with GMs, MM, and Mentors
- Identifies and coordinates all I-CAR and welding training for mentors and trainees
- Work with Technical Trainers as necessary
- Work with market leadership to roll out to new locations and markets
- Perform Mentor Workshop/additional training sessions
- Assist in the identification and integration of new mentors and on boarding trainees
- Works with Acquisition team as necessary to on board new trainees
- Uploads trainee photos, I-CAR log, pre-screening test results, assessment result reports and all team associated information in an organized manner to share with operations and training teams.
- Attends school events and builds close school and instructor relationships to assist in onboarding of most qualified trainee candidates.
- Assist in the continued development and improvement of all program documentation, training, communications and materials.
Background Profile or General Requirements:
- I-CAR qualified Technician
- SPS05 Structural Welding Certification
- Ability to travel, up to 3 nights every 2 weeks
- Must have the ability to communicate well, build trust.
- Demonstrate strong coaching skills.
- Has the technical knowledge and process knowledge required to properly repair vehicles
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate, motivate and cooperate with all levels of staff.
- High level of independent planning and organizing work with minimal supervision.
- Attends any training classes required to assist the role
- Computer knowledge or willing to take training to become proficient in the following:
- Completion and creation of spreadsheets
- Email etiquette
- Google hangout/meet-other platforms video calls
- Drive file system
- Google slides
- Document creation and editing
The TDP Trainer will report directly to the TDP Manager. High level of independent planning and organizing work with minimal supervision. The TDP Trainer will take direction from Technical Trainers and assist when instructed by the TDP manager.
Key success metrics:
- Trainee advancement according to TDP curriculum timeline
- Trainee productivity
- Trainee and mentor turnover
- Graduated trainee to technician
- % of increased participants
- Post mentor training session evaluations
- This role will be highly mobile, possibly requiring overnight travel 3 days every other week.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!