Generation Bio is innovating genetic medicines to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The company’s non-viral platform incorporates a novel DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a unique cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and a highly scalable capsid-free manufacturing process that uses its proprietary cell-free rapid enzymatic synthesis, or RES, to produce ceDNA. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose, to deliver large genetic payloads, including multiple genes, to specific tissues, and to allow titration and redosing to adjust or extend expression levels in each patient. RES has the potential to expand Generation Bio’s manufacturing scale to hundreds of millions of doses to support its mission to extend the reach of genetic medicine to more people, living with more diseases, around the world.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 140 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, highly motivated, and dynamic scientist to support daily operations on the Production team within the Production Process Research group. The successful candidate will help with in-house manufacturing of key materials, as well support optimization of our production process to support the production of synthetic ceDNA gene therapy molecules. We are seeking motivated individuals with experience with familiarity with bacterial and/or yeast systems for biomolecule production, standard chromatography techniques, TFF, DNA purification kits, or molecular biology techniques such as DNA manipulations including PCR, ligations, restriction digestions, and plasmid cloning. This will be a key role in a dynamic, innovative team.
- Directly assist in the planning and execution of laboratory experiments to develop manufacturing and purification of closed ended DNAs using a synthetic process.
- Supporting the development of next generation ceDNA production efforts through process engineering and identification of key technologies to improve production performance.
- Inventory management of key materials related to Research Production.
- Keep good records and updated electronic notebook for all executed experiments.
- Prepare, analyze, and present data internally to cross functional teams.
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related discipline and 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with mammalian, insect, or bacterial cell lines and cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell banking, cell line maintenance) is required
- Downstream experience with standard chromatography and/or DNA purification kits is a plus
- Experience with automation equipment and programming is a plus
- Knowledge of general molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, ligations, restriction digestions, and plasmid cloning and/or assemblies) is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.