Generation Bio is innovating genetic medicines to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The company’s non-viral platform incorporates a novel DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a unique cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and a highly scalable capsid-free manufacturing process that uses its proprietary cell-free rapid enzymatic synthesis, or RES, to produce ceDNA. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose, to deliver large genetic payloads, including multiple genes, to specific tissues, and to allow titration and redosing to adjust or extend expression levels in each patient. RES has the potential to expand Generation Bio’s manufacturing scale to hundreds of millions of doses to support its mission to extend the reach of genetic medicine to more people, living with more diseases, around the world.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 145 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Principal Associate Scientist to join the Translational Immunology team within the Platform Research group. The position will play a key role in development and evaluation of our non-viral gene therapy platform by developing and executing assays aimed at deciphering the immunological mechanisms of action of lead compounds. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in multicolor flow cytometry and experience designing panels to assess T cell biology. The ideal candidate will also have experience developing and running immuno-assays such as ELISA or MSD. The ideal candidate will also bring knowledge of cell-based assay development to assist in the screening of candidates in vitro.
- Work with Exploratory teams to demonstrate proof of concept for new platform technologies
- Design, execute and analyze flow cytometry based assays to characterize cellular immune response to new platform technologies
- Develop and run ELISAs and cell based assays to further characterize in vitro and ex vivo responses to new platform technologies
- Excellent lab technique and the ability to work independently to analyze, interpret and present data
- Summarize work in written reports and oral presentations
- BS. degree in a life sciences discipline with a minimum of 6 years of experience or a M.S. with a minimum of 3 years of experience; industry experience preferred
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing multicolor flow cytometry experiments required
- Experience developing and running immuno-assays such as ELISAs and/or Lumenex required
- Experience working with primary human and small animal cells and tissues preferred
- Experience processing animal tissue a plus
- Knowledge of cell based assay development desired
- Experience with qPCR and/or western blot techniques a plus
- Prior work with T cells and/or infectious disease a plus
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic matrixed environment
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.