At GM Sustainable Workplaces, we are committed to creating places that people want to be. As an environmental engineering intern, you will work closely with the facility environmental engineer(s) developing an understanding of environmental compliance in automotive manufacturing and non-manufacturing operations. You will be a part of project implementation and continuous improvement of various water, waste, and air programs. We are committed to developing innovative solutions to various environmental challenges as we advance towards GM’s vision of Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestions. It’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sustainable Workplaces team!
Possible Work Locations:
Bay City (MI), Wyoming (MI), Brownstown (MI), Moraine (OH), Parma (OH), Defiance (OH), and Fort Wayne (IN)
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Sustainability
• Able to work full time (40 hours per week)
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to impart complex subjects to a wider audience
• Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
• High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
• Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
• Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.