There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
At GM, we have a “Look Ahead” culture where we develop strategic perspectives and establish goals. Supply Chain management fits right into our “Look Ahead” culture. In Supply chain there are always moving parts, timelines, and problems to overcome. Here, you would have to use innovation and creativity to help drive for results. You will be working in a fast-paced plant environment where you will learn interpersonal skills including the ability to prioritize, balance multiple projects simultaneously, and meet goals.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology, Communications, Business/Management, or Organizational Leadership
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skill ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Experience with commodities (metals, stampings, castings, plastics, resins, paint, electronics, etc.)
- Experience leading commercial issues with suppliers and assessing supplier performance
- Demonstrated skills in complex negotiations
- Knowledge of procurement software and databases
- Knowledge of materials management
- Capable of interpreting market data
- Able to read blueprints and to understand basic engineering documents
- Solid knowledge of contract law and its applications regarding purchasing processes
- Work globally, independently, and be proactive
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.