There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Our plants are the groundwork for GM and a hotbed of innovation. We need paint process engineer interns to utilize their creativity and innovation to develop efficiencies in material flow and support and define implementation of new processes and equipment. These tasks would teach you root causing analysis and problem solving as well as leadership skills to provide technical support and direction to support personnel/skilled trades within the organization. Quality and safety are extremely meaningful to us, so enforcing safe work practices is the highest priority, so you may develop and support safety protocols. There is a high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Ensure that assembly processes are maintained to run effectively for engine manufacturing
- Work with other team members on problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives daily
- Collaborating with hourly and salaried employees
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop implementation plans) and resolve issues which are affecting assembly, quality or throughput
- Actively identify & pursue opportunities to improve operations by reducing cost, reducing energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Collaborate with production and maintenance personnel
- Resolve issues, implement improvements, and communicate status & opportunities, etc.
- Proposes and evaluates the processes for equipment in production areas
- Provides technical support for manufacturing operations
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Able to assign work to small or large groups of employees
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Controls Engineering, Controls Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering/Materials Science and Manufacturing Engineering
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities and/or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.